new uberoid v1 custom rom for mk802/mk802+

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: new uberoid v1 custom rom for mk802/mk802+

Postby bdorset » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:58 pm

I just download and install now I get the Boot Loop. Also the startup screen is saying "ANDROID". Should it say UBEROID?
bdorset

Postby twjordo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:02 pm

bdorset wrote:I just download and install now I get the Boot Loop. Also the startup screen is saying "ANDROID". Should it say UBEROID?

this build says "android" ....did you run the shutdown script before pulling power :?:

re-flash for this build has the bootlooping solved via shutdown script which we are working to incorporate into a 1-click app that is currently in development.... when the app is completed it will be simple to install and eliminate having to use the terminal emulator to enter the script to prevent boot-looping

for now the terminal emulator process is the only work-around but does eliminate the bootlooping
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby DreamFX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:06 pm

twjordo wrote:
bdorset wrote:I just download and install now I get the Boot Loop. Also the startup screen is saying "ANDROID". Should it say UBEROID?

this build says "android" ....did you run the shutdown script before pulling power :?:

re-flash for this build has the bootlooping solved via shutdown script which we are working to incorporate into a 1-click app that is currently in development.... when the app is completed it will be simple to install and eliminate having to use the terminal emulator to enter the script to prevent boot-looping

for now the terminal emulator process is the only work-around but does eliminate the bootlooping

I appreciate the work being made on this rom but it's still not ready for daily use. The simple fact that you have to use some shutdown script or you will get a boot loop every time is nonsense. All devices freeze from time to time or you could lose power and then your stuck at a boot loop and having to reflash.
DreamFX

Postby twjordo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:19 pm

the fact that you have to use a shutdown script is simply the way it is on this device not nonsense...
many hours have went into development of this rom for the mk802 and it is getting better with every new release.

this is no longer a beta version for it has proven stable on the devices we have tested it on and is recommended for daily use.

antutu just benched a 2962 average :ugeek: best score as of yet :!: +700 from the stock rom.... so you be the judge of whether or not uberoid makes a difference :ugeek:
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby twjordo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:48 pm

uberoid v1.1 will soon be released with a few minor fixes that we have developed.... not much of a difference in performance from v1 so keep watching the thread for the release :-) ....we are anticipating the release of the shut-down app but it will not yet be available in the v1.1 release
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby pel » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:50 pm

hi there
any plans to make this rom a flashable zip to be able to flash under clockwork recovery mod? am running CM9 and be great to be able to go back to CM9 easily via nandroid backup.
or do you know how one can go about this oneself?
cheers
pel

Postby twjordo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:00 pm

no current plans to do that....it will continue to be a flashable .img for livesuit
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby bdorset » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Please excuse me because am not tech savvy. I was running Uberoid Beta before I flash with V1. When I connected the MK802 it stuck on the "ANDROID" screen. I then reflash in the following sequence original FW/FW0710B/Uberoid v1. Now it boots right up but many of the apps that was said to be removed I still see them including the old YouTube app. I see no new YouTube app. I see the Hackers Keyboard and the external keyboard "Enter" key now works so I think am running Uberoid v1. So where did I go wrong, why I dont have the new Youtube app .
bdorset

Postby pel » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm

bdorset wrote:Please excuse me because am not tech savvy. I was running Uberoid Beta before I flash with V1. When I connected the MK802 it stuck on the "ANDROID" screen. I then reflash in the following sequence original FW/FW0710B/Uberoid v1. Now it boots right up but many of the apps that was said to be removed I still see them including the old YouTube app. I see no new YouTube app. I see the Hackers Keyboard and the external keyboard "Enter" key now works so I think am running Uberoid v1. So where did I go wrong, why I dont have the new Youtube app .

did you use force format when you flashed it?
pel

Postby bdorset » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:46 pm

pel wrote:
bdorset wrote:Please excuse me because am not tech savvy. I was running Uberoid Beta before I flash with V1. When I connected the MK802 it stuck on the "ANDROID" screen. I then reflash in the following sequence original FW/FW0710B/Uberoid v1. Now it boots right up but many of the apps that was said to be removed I still see them including the old YouTube app. I see no new YouTube app. I see the Hackers Keyboard and the external keyboard "Enter" key now works so I think am running Uberoid v1. So where did I go wrong, why I dont have the new Youtube app .

did you use force format when you flashed it?

I did not format when I went from Uberoid Beta to Uberoid v1. I choose format only when I went bact to Original FW. When I went from Original to FW0710B then to Uberoid v1 I did not Format.
bdorset

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum