EXTSD write permission fix

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby KEgg » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:59 am

That is really odd.. Just to double check, I've gone through and done the whole gamut.. copy from internal to USB, moved, compressed on USB and decompressed to USB.. all fine.
now wondering what's different?
Perhaps double check the platform.xml
trying to think what the problem might be... external drive is Fat32 right?
KEgg
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:12 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby fenyx » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:22 am

KEgg wrote:That is really odd.. Just to double check, I've gone through and done the whole gamut.. copy from internal to USB, moved, compressed on USB and decompressed to USB.. all fine.
now wondering what's different?
Perhaps double check the platform.xml
trying to think what the problem might be... external drive is Fat32 right?

nope, ntfs. i thought that might be it. what do you think?
fenyx
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:30 am

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby twjordo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:25 am

ntfs is most likely the issue... android "likes" fat32 ..hehe ntfs is a format used mostly by windows
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:07 am
Location: tennessee usa

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby fenyx » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:59 am

twjordo wrote:ntfs is most likely the issue... android "likes" fat32 ..hehe ntfs is a format used mostly by windows

yea thought so. will try fat32 hope the issue will dissapear.
fenyx
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:30 am

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby llamedo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Mine is NTFS too, will try with FAT32.
llamedo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:51 am

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby llamedo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:41 am

Changing the format to FAT32 solved the problem. Thank you.
llamedo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:51 am

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby markezine » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm having the inverse problem... My external hdd only works with CM9 when formatted as NTFS. When I try to use it as FAT it restarts the OS (looks like it crashes the UI, shows the cyanogen loading animation again) and then show a notification that the driver is damaged. When I try fat or ntfs on REV II fw it works ok.
markezine
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:42 am

markezine wrote:I'm having the inverse problem... My external hdd only works with CM9 when formatted as NTFS. When I try to use it as FAT it restarts the OS (looks like it crashes the UI, shows the cyanogen loading animation again) and then show a notification that the driver is damaged. When I try fat or ntfs on REV II fw it works ok.


Note that there are multiple fat's, make sure it is specifically fat32/FAT32 if possible if that's the goal.
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 am
Location: New York City

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby krankdroid » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 am

1. Came here to bitch about not being able to download subtitles in most browsers, and not being able to copy or move files to ext sd or usb stick.

2. Found this here thread.

3. ???

4. Profit.



Love the MK802 community
krankdroid
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:24 am

Re: EXTSD write permission fix

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 am

Do you still need help? If so, go for it with more details.
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 am
Location: New York City

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests