Order your MK802 from here Official Rikomagic Website

MK802 REV.2 Firmware

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

MK802 REV.2 Firmware

Postby andykirby » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Just a quick update on the new firmware... theres been a bit of confusion caused by the download section of rikomagic.com (not UK). A firmware file appeared a few days ago with an upload date of 29th June. Unfortunately this isn\\\\\\\'t the much anticipated Rev2 firmware, it seems that Rikomagic China just got around to updating their website :D

I have been in discussion with Rikomagic China this morning and they confirm the Rev2 firmware will be released around the 17th of July.

So far the information I have got from them is that the update will include:

1. USB Camera Support
2. USB Lan Adapter support
3. Ability to change screen resolution under Android (they weren\\\\\\\'t clear on the exact modes yet and when I asked if that would include 1080p they answered by saying \\\\\\\"of course\\\\\\\" which seemed a little sketchy to me.

Hopefully many of the smaller issues will be ironed out as well but I will keep this list updated as I find out more, and... as I know a lot of people have been emailing Rikomagic China on this subject it would be useful if you could add to this list if you know of anything that isn\\\\\\\'t on here.

Dont forget that the developer community are also working on custom Firmware too so its not just new factory firmware that we should be looking out for!

Also, I have finally sorted out the server problem that was preventing the current firmware from being downloaded from the support section of rikomagic.co.uk and as soon as the new Rev2 firmware is available it will be uploaded to a fast reliable server for everyone to download.

Cheers,

Andy

here is the download link for the new firmware update added to this post on july 20th 2012 http://store.cloudsto.com/downloads/MK802_0710B.rar enjoy!!!
andykirby
Site Admin

Re: REV.2 Firmware

Postby Rubik » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:30 pm

The stock firmware already supports USB LAN, no ? I tested on mine and confirm it works as expected. I also tested a USB game pad playing the game Shadowgun and it works as expected too. Did not try a USB cam though
Rubik

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Re July 17th, they have more than once told me July 20th. At this point though, I honestly feel it is semi-arbitrary, though I think they want it to coincide with the next batch of MK802+'s so give or take a few days, it seems the plan is definitely "at the end of the month".

They have been repeatedly sketch re 1080p with me as well. That does not give me a good feeling, so I don't know if they're going through some internal strife with their providers, don't know what to do (hard for me to believe) or, they're "just pulling an Apple" and keeping information revealed to a minimum. That said, I think this "product" has many directions and turns it can take, and don't even know how long it can last in it's current form. So I think we just need to see what surpsises they -- and some other company -- may have in their hats.

Other things of note I've discussed with them:
1) They agree the 1.5GHz denotation is wrong.
2) They say nothing was ever overclocked.

Other discussions I've had with them are either still incomplete, or, stuck in some "Chenglish" communication problems at the moment.
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff

Postby NeoStormer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:36 am

Would love to see Bluetooth dongle support, a large portion of my research involves using Bluetooth on Android.

USB sound card usage would also help, since I'm sure many of us would like to use headphones or external speakers that don't involve using the HDMI port.
Visit my Website: NeoStormer Robotics

Currently working on my Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Specialty in Mechatronics.
NeoStormer

Postby KEgg » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Hey Andy,

Just wondering what's the current state of play when it comes to a custom firmware for the Mk802?

With NeoStormer when it comes to Bluetooth dongle support..

also would love to see ::

external sdcard write support (out of the box)
cifs file sharing support as part of the kernel, with auto mount on boot/wifi connect... mainly for those like me with a NAS and want to use the likes of Ttorrent to write directly to the box (it a much better client than those found on NAS boxes). Also it would help to cut out the middle man and not have to use Bubble UPNP/Serviio etc.
better support for game pads... 'Dead Trigger' is out and actually plays pretty damn well on Mk802.
ability for Hardware to decode avi(divx/xvid)
KEgg

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Ok, I got some clarity and am now being told the next firmware will address the "true" 1080p/2160p issue, meaning we should have it for Android.

They are still just totally punting on a whole bunch of other things. :(
EnvyThisStuff

Postby Elindric » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Does the firmware revision fix bluetooth compatibility issues? Currently, I haven't found a bluetooth dongle that works.
Elindric

Postby chesterx » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Looking at original firmware a lot of patches were employed re Bluetooth. Approximately 6 patches were added to correct Bluetooth issues. Guess they never got it right, however it should be capable of pairing with something.
chesterx

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Right, at the moment Bluetooth appears to be non-functional. The manufacturer has been punting on it, and instead should just say it is something which needs to be looked into still.
EnvyThisStuff

Postby chesterx » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Will pair with keyboard with PIN 0000 according to file.
chesterx

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum