MK802 REV.2 Firmware

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: REV.2 Firmware

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:08 pm

fenyx wrote:Is there a way how to get rid off that annoying SW keyboard?

http://www.envythisstuff.com/techtalk/m ... alkeyboard
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:22 am

I have two "stupid" questions about the latest firmware:
1) Was a specific list of cams provided? Seems I saw a list somewhere but now can't find it. Rider question: Seems I also heard those cams don't actually all work? If there is a list, can folks begin confirming or denying that list for their situations? As well as any cams which happen to work also even though not on the list. If there is no list, let's create one and see where it goes.

2) My two displays were not a problem for the original firmware in terms of getting the dimensions and frequency right (at least not for Android).The new firmware is said to work with more displays than previously. However, as the settings to change/fix this are now in Settings, that means one must successfully boot in the first place. Isn't this a chicken and egg problem? If not, why not, does the new firmware boot lowest common denominator now (can't believe that's so)? Seems I'm missing something obvious. :o
EnvyThisStuff

Postby fenyx » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:22 am

EnvyThisStuff wrote:
fenyx wrote:Is there a way how to get rid off that annoying SW keyboard?

http://www.envythisstuff.com/techtalk/m ... alkeyboard

wow that was really easy. thanks.
fenyx

Postby ricsi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:17 am

Tatanko wrote:It may not be on this site yet, but it is on the official Rikomagic China site (which is arguably even more "official" than this site).

http://rikomagic.com/download.asp

That's where I got my Rev.2 firmware just this morning.

They do not list anything to download any more.

I have recently received my MK802 (actually AK802 from DX) and it has a more recent firmware on it.kernel version
3.0.8+
Mon Jul 23

Build Number
... 20120724

I want to install uberdroid, but I would like to have the IMG file which is currently installed as a download, so I can go back. Anybody knows where to download the latest release?

Also why are no downloads listed at rikomagic china?
ricsi

Postby NOD » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Speaking of firmware, is there any way of doing a complete backup/image of your current Android installation without ClockWorkMod?
Since all my USB keyboards and mouses doesn't work under that (screen blinks, but the selection is unchanged no matter what).
I know we have access to the various block devices while running off Linux from a MicroSD card, and that it SHOULD be feasible to make a script that can do a full backup onto a USB drive or the SD card and another one to restore it.
BUT I was looking for a more simple and "clean" solution along the line of the LiveSuit software.
NOD

Postby tangocat » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:54 am

Andy, see below, can you please let us know if there is a new FW 20120724 coming out? I'm very interested in this. Hopefully they finally added BT support! That will complete this little device's functionality.

Also, what is going on with Rikomagic Chinese website? There used to be some download links, now it's just empty. Hopefully they do not abandon this little device. That would be a big pity.

ricsi wrote:
Tatanko wrote:It may not be on this site yet, but it is on the official Rikomagic China site (which is arguably even more "official" than this site).

I have recently received my MK802 (actually AK802 from DX) and it has a more recent firmware on it.kernel version
3.0.8+
Mon Jul 23

Build Number
... 20120724

I want to install uberdroid, but I would like to have the IMG file which is currently installed as a download, so I can go back. Anybody knows where to download the latest release?

tangocat

Postby ricsi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 pm

tangocat wrote:Andy, see below, can you please let us know if there is a new FW 20120724 coming out? I'm very interested in this. Hopefully they finally added BT support!

I am sorry to disappoint you.
No BT support!

BTW. also no USB Joystick support.
There is an app in market called gamepad.
It needs kernel support (joydev.ko) would be great if somebody could look into it.
Would be great to use Emulators like N64oid.
ricsi

Postby wweeii » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 pm

tangocat wrote:Andy, see below, can you please let us know if there is a new FW 20120724 coming out? I'm very interested in this. Hopefully they finally added BT support! That will complete this little device's functionality.

Also, what is going on with Rikomagic Chinese website? There used to be some download links, now it's just empty. Hopefully they do not abandon this little device. That would be a big pity.

ricsi wrote:

3.0.8+
Mon Jul 23

Build Number
... 20120724

If I remember correctly the Rikomagic chinese website was hosting the firmwares on 115.com
115.com is the chinese equivalent of Rapidshare/Hotfile/Megaupload/etc...
Recently 115.com shutdown its public sharing feature so every file you upload now is only private to you.

This is probably the reason Rikomagic took down all the firmware download links, the 115 links won't work anymore and they are too cheap to host the files on their own servers.
wweeii

Postby chesterx » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 pm

so where pray tell does one get the latest firmware. Sorry if this has been addressed already but I've been out of the loop since moving to cayman island.
chesterx

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 pm

wweeii wrote:This is probably the reason Rikomagic took down all the firmware download links, the 115 links won't work anymore and they are too cheap to host the files on their own servers.

I can't be an issue of cost, because that just makes no sense. IMO, there has been a problem in every firmware release... I'm not talking about the bits themselves, but how it was released, so, the way I see it this is just more of the same. So, we just need to continue to juggle past it, since, for the most part, it hasn't been a real issue yet (we all got copies ASAP either way and they were alternatively hosted ASAP either way).
EnvyThisStuff

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum