MK802 REV.2 Firmware

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: REV.2 Firmware

Postby exodus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Did they do anything to improve the video game controller support? Other ICS disctros can do game controllers that this can't do. Why is that? Did they crippled the joy stick drivers?
exodus

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff

Postby mistermentality » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:10 pm

I've had a couple of issues with the new firmware, not sure if this is unique to me though so will mention them here.

Despite the firmware claiming to fix the blanking bug it hasn't on my 802 :(

The overall speed is still a little slow to respond to presses of a mouse, as it was before, so not sure if this was meant to be fixed or not but the 3D player would be great if I could figure it out. When I play a 3D video (before update) I just set my tv to side by side or above and below mode and used the default player on mk802. With updated player I click on the different 3D formats but although they highlight they don't seem to make any difference so I was wondering if anyone could explain why a 3D player is included when it doesn't seem to be any different using it to any non 3D player?

Overall the update itself is an improvement. One odd thing I notice is that quadrant app can install but not perform a benchmark, screen just stays black, yet the app is supposed to work on devices with a gpu and as this has a Mali 400 might it mean the gpu is not working properly, as Quadrant does not return an error but just sits there?

Dave
mistermentality

Postby kudlinux » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 pm

no bluetooth in this. I think we must go for CM9 for this feature. :!:
kudlinux

Postby ruffnutts » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:30 pm

One odd thing I notice is that quadrant app can install but not perform a benchmark, screen just stays black, yet the app is supposed to work on devices with a gpu and as this has a Mali 400 might it mean the gpu is not working properly, as Quadrant does not return an error but just sits there?

I have this issue aswell wanted to check if it was faster... shame it was not a full wipe and fresh install.
ruffnutts

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:44 pm

KEgg wrote:
mistermentality wrote:When I Flashed my 512, I thought I was doing a complete format.. you know, selected the format method in LiveSuite.. but when it booted up, to my surprise, it started with custom boot anim, and when it got to the home screen everything was still there.. Screen had defaulted back 160.. but after changing back 120 all shortcuts were exactly where I left them.

It's clear this is the firmware release, but the likes of the above is one reason why we have not upgraded any 802's yet (this all happened a little bit too backdoorish and is still so). It's also one reason why we're not quite 100% keen on calling the whole upgrade firmware.
EnvyThisStuff

Postby KEgg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 pm

EnvyThisStuff wrote:
It's clear this is the firmware release, but the likes of the above is one reason why we have not upgraded any 802's yet (this all happened a little bit too backdoorish and is still so). It's also one reason why we're not quite 100% keen on calling the whole upgrade firmware.

But what if this was the intention of the developer?.. He knows, like everyone else, starting from scratch just sucks hours of your life away.. and changing the screen res back to 120 is not a big issue.. As said in another thread, even though there are some great new features, this update has broken plenty of other things that were working before.
KEgg

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:55 pm

I don't have a problem that the developer did not start from scratch, doing that has many benefits. But the question is how did [many] working things get broken? That's part of what I was meaning about the release itself too.
EnvyThisStuff

Postby KEgg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 am

EnvyThisStuff wrote:But the question is how did [many] working things get broken?

Been wondering the same myself. Also been wondering if all of our concerns and wants have been heard. After all, we have all given them the solutions to a lot of our issues.. like the lack of extsd write permissions out of the box (literally a single line of code to fix.. 2 seconds of his time to make it permanent) and a change to the uinput module would of taken just a minute or two to do.. Found myself having to do all these again..
KEgg

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 am

My guess is that the device became more successful that anybody ever imagined. And now I think the problem is three-fold (at least): damage control/PR, language barrier and too many level of contracting being farmed out.
EnvyThisStuff

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum