MK802 REV.2 Firmware

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: REV.2 Firmware

Postby kudlinux » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:14 am

EnvyThisStuff wrote:My guess is that the device became more successful that anybody ever imagined. And now I think the problem is three-fold (at least): damage control/PR, language barrier and too many level of contracting being farmed out.

I want to use a wireless keyboard. Could you advice what kindof keyboard might be compatible with this device.
I have givenup the hopes of bluetooth keyboard now.
kudlinux

Postby mistermentality » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm

EnvyThisStuff wrote:
KEgg wrote:
mistermentality wrote:When I Flashed my 512, I thought I was doing a complete format.. you know, selected the format method in LiveSuite.. but when it booted up, to my surprise, it started with custom boot anim, and when it got to the home screen everything was still there.. Screen had defaulted back 160.. but after changing back 120 all shortcuts were exactly where I left them.

It's clear this is the firmware release, but the likes of the above is one reason why we have not upgraded any 802's yet (this all happened a little bit too backdoorish and is still so). It's also one reason why we're not quite 100% keen on calling the whole upgrade firmware.

I think the forum messed up somehow as I never wrote any of that :shock:
mistermentality

Re: Is it new Firmware ???

Postby vitorsantana » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:48 pm

would like to know that too!!
thanks!
vitorsantana

Re: Is it new Firmware ???

Postby twjordo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:47 pm

the new firmware has more options for the display settings ...i have not downloaded that firmware from that location... if you look in the "rev2 firmware" topic on page 3 there is a link from andy that is guaranteed the new firmware.
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby vitorsantana » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:02 pm

thanks twjordo!!
vitorsantana

Postby exodus » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Why not just start a new topic with the Link being the first post? It would make it easier for us.
exodus

Postby twjordo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:09 am

[quote=\"exodus\"]Why not just start a new topic with the Link being the first post? It would make it easier for us.[/quote]

your post has been considered... i agree it is a good idea so i will add the update download link to the first post in this topic... this topic was started to raise awareness that there would be an update soon and that is how it became to be that the actual link is on page 3.... thanks and enjoy the forum
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby hmanxx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:10 pm

there are a few bugs on the Rev 2 FW, I did a non force formatting installation however ,it still wipe the internal SD Card, only program settings are intact.

1) External SD card write permission is not fixed
2) Present of Physical keyboard setting is removed, now on every text entry ,the online keyboard will pop up..
3) Browser performance is degrading to the core..,loading new tab with most frequently visited page also takes > 5 sec to load.
4) Response to Physical keyboard is much more sluggish than the original rom.
I read that the new FW is smoother ,however i feel complete opposite, is it safe to revert to the original shipped with FW ?
hmanxx

Postby twjordo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:51 pm

yes it is fine to revert back to original firmware
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby hmanxx » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:38 am

hmanxx wrote:there are a few bugs on the Rev 2 FW, I did a non force formatting installation however ,it still wipe the internal SD Card, only program settings are intact.

1) External SD card write permission is not fixed
2) Present of Physical keyboard setting is removed, now on every text entry ,the online keyboard will pop up..
3) Browser performance is degrading to the core..,loading new tab with most frequently visited page also takes > 5 sec to load.
4) Response to Physical keyboard is much more sluggish than the original rom.
I read that the new FW is smoother ,however i feel complete opposite, is it safe to revert to the original shipped with FW ?

update on performance changed, after i did Master Reset, the browser performance is not back to acceptable range like the original 4.0.3 FW
One annoying problem that expert here could advise is the physical keyboard "Enter" key is not mapped to the on screen ICS keyboard, now i have to use the On screen keyboard to hit the enter.
hmanxx

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum