Coming Soon - Rikomagic MK802 II

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Coming Soon - Rikomagic MK802 II

Postby andykirby » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:28 am

Soon the Rikomagic MK802 will be undergoing a facelift.

The Rikomagic MK802 II will feature much improved connectivity including 3 USB sockets (2 x micro and 1 x standard) and a full size HDMI plug which extends from the end of the device to allow easier connection to displays. Full specs are not 100% clear yet but the fundamentals (Allwinner A10 SoC) will stay the same.

This new version is expected to arrive some time in September and there is already talk of a Dual Core device which we are very excited about :D

More information will hopefully be available soon and as always will be posted here first!

Cheers,

Andy
andykirby
Site Admin

Re: Coming Soon - Rikomagic MK802 II

Postby Different » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Andy,
Is the microSD slot will be present? :?:
Is the power supply system will be built on AXP209 or other? ;)
Is the price of the first generation of MK802 will be reduced? 8-)
Last edited by Different on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Different

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:38 pm

What about the heat problem (adding more hold does not necessarily fix that)? And will existing MK802 and MK802+ continue to be sold (this is a question not a statement that they should continue too, I can see it both ways)?
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff

Postby NeoStormer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:35 am

I heard a while back that some distributor was contacting them to see if they could include Bluetooth, maybe they'll add it to this one.
Visit my Website: NeoStormer Robotics

Currently working on my Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Specialty in Mechatronics.
NeoStormer

Postby trevj » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:07 am

Exciting news!

Is there a full TRM for the A10 publicly available please (in English) to aid porting projects? Thanks very much.
trevj

Postby twjordo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Different wrote:Hi Andy,
Is the microSD slot will be present? :?:

Is the price of the first generation of MK802 will be reduced? 8-)

microSD slot can be seen in the pics so yes it will still be available and expandable memory

re: $$$ ....i doubt the first generation will decrease much if at all... these devices are already very affordable and the mk802 II looks more refined in its new design so it may actually be a few bucks more since it has more ports... ???

re: charger ....i am not sure so i left that one for Andy ;)

EnvyThisStuff wrote:What about the heat problem (adding more hold does not necessarily fix that)? And will existing MK802 and MK802+ continue to be sold (this is a question not a statement that they should continue too, I can see it both ways)?

the heat problem will be present until a fan is incorporated into the unit (not likely to happen) ...more holes does help air circulate so in fact it will help somewhat ..... i am sure they will not quit selling the mk802 and mk802+ my friend...might not be as effecient as the new model so eventually like everything else it will come EOL but not for a while ;)
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby andykirby » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks twjordo for answering the questions :D - Its looking likely that there will be an AXP209 to control power management although I am still awaiting confirmation on this.
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby twjordo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:15 am

andykirby wrote:Thanks twjordo for answering the questions :D - Its looking likely that there will be an AXP209 to control power management although I am still awaiting confirmation on this.

no problem ...i am glad to find this forum and i look forward to sharing and helping out around here as much as possible

andy - please notify us as soon as you hear of the pricepoint for this new model and a pre-order date for i am interested in acquiring the new model.
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby twjordo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:24 am

sorry to doublepost for i tried to edit the last post to ask this but it failed to add it

is there a chance this new model might have jelly bean on it ???

i know the specs are not 100% released but cant help but ask ...and again i apologize for the double post
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby Zaatour36 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:15 am

AMAZING NEWS!!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEET :D

thanks Andy for covering things up and brining this great news!

please make them consider those important specification/features:

1. Bluetooth (any keyboard/mouse/headset/wireless controller), as @NeoStormer mentioned before me.

2. Great ventilation/cooling system as EnvyThisStuff mentioned before me.

3. Dual-Core is a MUST, as this current Single-Core won't do much with smooth browsing and navigating/processing apps as we all know and experience.

4. a Better GPU card or whatever takes care of graphics/3D rendering better and smoother, then this glitchy one :[

Also, Source Coed / Kernal or whatever gets the development flying :)

Anymore information or response is much appreciated :D

thanks for your awesomeness ;)
Zaatour36

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum