"Access is Denied" on driver update

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

"Access is Denied" on driver update

Postby MasterSchema » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Advice anyone? I followed the instructions for updating my MK802 with the latest "firmware" that I downloaded from the Rikomagic website. Started Liveupdate (64-bit version), using paperclip pushed and held the internal button, and connected MK802 to my computer. The computer sees it, but when I attempt to manually install the driver it quickly responds with "Access is Denied." I am attaching an image of the message. I am using Windows 7, 64bit. Any suggestions?
Attachments
usb-error.JPG
usb-error.JPG (34.93 KiB) Viewed 3831 times
MasterSchema

Re: "Access is Denied" on driver update

Postby myskrill » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 pm

MasterSchema wrote:Advice anyone? I followed the instructions for updating my MK802 with the latest "firmware" that I downloaded from the Rikomagic website. Started Liveupdate (64-bit version), using paperclip pushed and held the internal button, and connected MK802 to my computer. The computer sees it, but when I attempt to manually install the driver it quickly responds with "Access is Denied." I am attaching an image of the message. I am using Windows 7, 64bit. Any suggestions?

Looks like you aren't logged in as an administrator on your PC.
myskrill

Postby exodus » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Need Admin privilages to install drivers silly rabbit.
exodus

Postby niteshbh » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 pm

I was getting the same error then I realized that the files and folders on my PC were encrypted (green colored) since I enabled drive compression. Solution is just right click on the usb driver folder and under general tab click advanced and uncheck encypt data checkbox. Now probably it will work.
niteshbh

Postby charlesw2506 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:32 pm

I got this issue on a Windows 8 64bit pc. To resolve I went into Control Panel > Advanced Boot settings and booted up into the advanced boot options menu and disabled driver signing. Then once when booted up and pointing to the usbdriver folder when setting up the driver it worked first time and I was able to reflash my MK802 fine :)
charlesw2506

Postby chuck2013 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:16 pm

I am having the same trouble access denied in windows 7. booted up with to allow unsigned drivers be installed and still get the message access denied. any words of wisdom out there...i am in admins mode also.
chuck2013

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum