Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Forum to discuss the quad core MK902 II Android PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Postby rlube » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 am

While the main purpose of having the MK902ii is to serve media to my hi-fi and TV, I still want to have full Android capability. I will try to run Skype, for example. I am not interested in a purely media-oriented launcher like RKMLauncher. And I hate using a remote to run it.

I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and use a conventional launcher (the second one that comes with the firmware, and I've also used Nova Launcher). I have installed the newest 14-12-27 RKM firmware.

I am experiencing a problem that is not limited to RKM. The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse behave erratically. It seems that having two Bluetooth devices operating in the same 2.4 GHz frequency range as WiFi causes the keyboard to either lag or render duplicate characters. I have two keyboards, and both behave the same. If the keyboard re-pairs first, then the mouse has trouble re-pairing. My mouse is an AliExpress cheapie, so I can't rule out that it puts out RF rubbish, but it's unlikely. I do not have the option of raising the WiFi frequency to 5 GHz.

The Bluetooth Keyboard Helper app doesn't help, even though it specifically addresses key bounces. Could Android be doing re-reads of dirty input? At least the helper app can be set as the default input 'device' which disables display of the virtual keyboard.

Furthermore, my stuffing around trying to use the keyboard seems to have upset Google Play. I now get "server errors" and cannot connect even though I have Internet access through other apps. If I leave it alone for a day, I am able to get back in again.

So my experience is getting increasingly frustrated by problems with basic functionality.

--RonL.
-- RonL
rlube

Re: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Postby rlube » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:10 am

I just took delivery of a lovely little keyboard-glidepad combo: http://www.riitek.com/product_Info.asp?id=106

It works with a little USB dongle that fits the MK902II. The unit fits nicely in your hands and the keys have a good feel to them.

But it fails with my USB DAC, as I hear noise and rubbish through any tune I play. Either the transmission is creating RF interference in the 2.4ghz band, or there is internal cross-talk. I have had enough of all this.

-- RonL
rlube

Re: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Postby rlube » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:13 am

Solved the problem, but I don't know why. I can only get smooth operation if the DAC is plugged into the labelled slave USB port, and the USB keyboard dongle is plugged in to the host USB port next to it (not one on the other side).
-- RonL
rlube

Return to Rikomagic MK902 II Android PC Forum