MK902IILE no longer booting - help!

Forum to discuss the new MK902II LE RK3288 Quad Core Linux Mini PC.

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

MK902IILE no longer booting - help!

Postby el_gallo_azul » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:59 am

This computer has been working nicely since I received in January 2015. The operating system updated successfully,and I was able to install a couple of pieces of software onto it.

Some time in 2016, it started having the occasional 'disk full' error during updates. I deleted as much as possible, and continued to use it successfully for a bit longer. The last time I ran an update, about a week ago, I had let it run without updates for a few months, so I expected the update to be a fairly big one. It was, and unfortunately I got the 'disk full' error again. The computer hung during the update, so there was nothing I could do except power-cycle it.

The computer hasn't booted since that day about a week ago.

1. Is it worth power-cycling it again and again?

2. Do these machines have a 'reset' button built in, in order to restore a factory image of the firmware?

3. If not, how do I go about reinstalling the factory image firmware?

I would prefer to have to start again from scratch, rather than not being able to use this device.
el_gallo_azul

Re: MK902IILE no longer booting - help!

Postby twjordo » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:51 am

el_gallo_azul wrote:
I would prefer to have to start again from scratch, rather than not being able to use this device.

here is the stock android firmware http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_32_1.html

i have not found a direct link for the original LE rom

you can ofc flash the android rom to debrick it :geek:

video tutorial.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCgPEc6TLho

there is a reset as shown in the video.... you could try the reset button first b4 you try re-flashing to android... maybe you get lucky and save the LE
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby el_gallo_azul » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:46 am

twjordo wrote:here is the stock android firmware http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_32_1.html

Many thanks for providing that link. For the moment, I'm going to persist with finding a way to de-brick the Xubuntu MK902IILE. I already have another one of these machines on Android. I'm happy with its performance, but I really want to have 2 different operating systems for these identical machines.
el_gallo_azul

Postby twjordo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:29 am

kudos ;)

if you come across one please share for others... i'll holler at AndyKirby :ugeek:
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby el_gallo_azul » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:32 am

No can do, I'm afraid.

The Android machine has been performing very well, so I'll flash an Android ROM onto the bricked LE machine.

Now, I just have to work out how to do that from Ubuntu on my desktop computer...
el_gallo_azul

Return to Rikomagic / Cloudsto MK902II LE RK3288 Quad Core Linux Mini PC