Unable to run fastboot on V5 from a Mac

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core A17 Rikomagic MK802 V5 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Unable to run fastboot on V5 from a Mac

Postby joshs » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:26 pm

When I hold down the recovery button, and connect the power and USB cables, my Mac sees the V5 as a "Composite Device" with vendor ID 0x2207 and product ID 0x320a. The fastboot tool doesn't see the device even when I 'sudo fastboot devices -i -x2207' (to combine a few suggestions that I found on StackExchange).

When the V5 is booted normally, I can go to Settings -> USB -> Connect to PC. I then see the device as "V5" with vendor ID 0x2207 and product ID 0x0010, and adb works correctly. But because the V5 seems unable to reboot itself (it can only shut itself down), no combination of 'adb reboot-bootloader', 'adb reboot bootloader', or [in a shell on the V5] 'reboot bootloader' ever gets me to the bootloader.

Does anybody know how to properly enter fastboot mode on the V5?
joshs

Re: Unable to run fastboot on V5 from a Mac

Postby joshs » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:22 pm

I never did get fastboot to work, but I installed http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkflashtool and modified rkflashtool.c to associate USB product ID 0x320a with the RK3288 chipset, since that chipset wasn't defined. After doing that I was able to accomplish with rkflashtool most of what I intended to do with fastboot.
joshs

Return to Rikomagic MK802 V5 Quad Core A17 Forum