Trouble with video playback

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core A17 Rikomagic MK802 V5 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Trouble with video playback

Postby mykl_74 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Hello forums! I have a RKM Quad Core 4K android HDMI stick that I bought recently.

First question, am I in the right forum? This is the one I bought. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RGMI3TU
Description is 'RKM Quad Core 4k Android Mini Pc' but that doesn't fit exactly with any of the device specific forums that I see here. I'm not sure if this device is an MK802 or what it is...

Second, overall the device works pretty well, but I have problems with HBO GO & Google Play Movies.
HBO GO has never worked on this device. It installs, and I can browse titles, but when I play a move, it appears to work at first, the 'It's HBO GO!' animation comes up. But when it advanced to the movie/show I've selected, it spins for 20 seconds or so, then I see 'Could not play content. Try again later.'

Google Play movies does not work either. I select the movie, but after a few seconds, I see an error 'There was a problem while playing' and there is a TRY AGAIN button. But nothing ever plays, with numerous retries.

I've tried using WiFi, and wired ethernet, and both don't work. I've done a factory reset on the device. No change.
I do have other Android devices that these apps DO work properly on, so there is definitely a problem with this device. When I go to Rockchip system update, it says I'm up to date.

I don't know what else to do, any help please? Also, I'm pretty versed in Android ROMs, if there is an alternative ROM I can install on this device, I would be glad to give it a try.
Thanks everyone.
mykl_74

Return to Rikomagic MK802 V5 Quad Core A17 Forum