Problems with video performance

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core Rikomagic MK12 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Problems with video performance

Postby Aquilix » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:23 pm

In my MK12 unit there are a problems with the videos visualization. This is a little estrange, It work fine decoding HD videos mkv in H264 format 1080p, but with other formats avi MPEG, with less resolution and quality, there are a lot of little and continuos jumps (o lost frames). Watching these movies is very unconfortable. I have modified a lot of parameters, in several video players (MX Player, 4KPlayer, XBMC), with software and hardware decode options, in several screen resolutions and frecuencies, from USB sticks, hard disks, local memory.... Also, after changes, I have restored the system to initial factory state. Always the result is the same, the playback performance is poor and insufficient in these formats.

I'm a little disapointed. Anybody know which can be the problem?. Isn't it powerfull enough? (I do not believe it). I have to do anything more?. Has my unit hardware problems?.... Or we have wait a new firmware release? (it's a recent model yet).

Thaks.
Aquilix

Re: Problems with video performance

Postby adziahel » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Well, I think I've been there — I've experienced frames loss in similar way you describe. Have you tried VidOn XBMC? It was only player (well, media center — I've considered only those) which does at least acceptable job for me.
adziahel

Postby perkas » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:15 pm

You have to pay to unlock certain features in "VidOn"..
MK012 hasn't a XBMC optimized for this hardware?? How is possible it can't play smootly AVI videos? Are there more people with this issue, or the videos from "Aquilix" are corrupted? :?:
perkas

Postby Aquilix » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks adziahel. I just tried VidOn XBMD, but the result is the same. I don't see differences between the VidOn XBMC and the default XBMC installed. I have also updated with the firmware recently published here (I think it could be equal to original).

In the Antutu video test, my MK12 gets 686 points, a very high score (normal in this model), but the whole test is made in 1080p. With this resolution the videos are watched very well. Videos with less resolution have loss of frames, or speed problems. My tablet (2 years old, only 2 cores a 1MHz), and my TV (5 years old) play this videos fluently.
Aquilix

Postby adziahel » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:10 am

perkas wrote:You have to pay to unlock certain features in "VidOn"..
MK012 hasn't a XBMC optimized for this hardware?? How is possible it can't play smootly AVI videos? Are there more people with this issue, or the videos from "Aquilix" are corrupted? :?:

MK12 does have XBMC preinstalled, but I've failed to make it play anything (over the 1Gb Ethernet) smoothly and I have no idea whether is it optimized of any kind; Kodi (performance was even worse) and SPMC (google play-available XBMC fork; didn't run at all) were also failure to me. I'll reevaluate them eventually if I'll have free time.
Given all above, I was pretty happy to have purchase a VidOn subscription.
Aquilix wrote:I just tried VidOn XBMD, but the result is the same.
that's too bad, looks like I'm lucky one in here
Aquilix wrote:Videos with less resolution have loss of frames, or speed problems
can't confirm that, sorry. Manufacturers anyone?
adziahel

Postby Paoris » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:12 pm

I've the same problem, it could be a firmware bug? When will it be available?

Thenks
Paoris

Postby Ruby » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 am

Paoris wrote:I've the same problem, it could be a firmware bug? When will it be available?

Thenks

Maybe you can download the FW to test.
https://www.copy.com/s/t%3A1OiNyvtn7jLX ... 150320.rar
Ruby

Return to Rikomagic MK12 Quad Core Forum