Preorder your MK802IV Quad Core now!

Forum to discuss the A10 Media PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Preorder your MK802IV Quad Core now!

Postby Argon0 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:18 pm

OK, so I've seen XBMC running on the IV but when I install it it just shrugs its shoulders and says ..."Unfortunately, XBMX has stopped." OK... Now is there a special version for MK802s? (yes I know I will search the forum...)

Never mind - upgrade the FW...

I think that's the first step for all issues isn't it... Lets see if it fixes my bluetooth issue too (i.e. yup it works fine, but after a sleep or a restart you have to repair..., not good).
Argon0

Postby Argon0 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:30 pm

OK, and I was wondering why the graphics looked a little ... pixelly.. so looked in hdmi - I'm using highest res (i.e. 1920 x 1080p @ 60Hz - more which my monitor/22" TV is more than capable of)... Noticed Screen zoom was up quite high.... So I turned it down, now its like in a window, but the graphics/text are fairly sharp - is it really running at 1920x1080 (Windows looks nice on this monitor in this res) or is it running at 720p? (changing from 1080 to 720 makes no difference to the screen size...)...

I guess again the first answer is "update the FW".. but this seems a bit... disappointing - a good job I'm a tinkerer/geek (depending who you ask...).

[Wondering if he could justify getting the Atrix Lapdock, and if it'd work with the IV...]
Argon0

Postby monkeybiz » Tue May 28, 2013 10:18 pm

oh wow, it won't even boot up It doesn't even know which resolution to display. HDTV keeps switching between 720 and 1080p, stick can't make up it's mind and only barely get a glimpse of the android home screen occasionally for a second. Hope I can get a full refund but don't know about geekbuying returns. Guess I'll find out.
monkeybiz

Postby Argon0 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 pm

monkeybiz, make sure you try with your supplied power adapter (I had the same problem until I switched to using that).

The res is better with 4.2, but still doesn't seem to be 1080p... Not sure how I can be sure...
Argon0

Postby monkeybiz » Thu May 30, 2013 5:16 pm

I used the stock wall wart then tried others without success. Now that I went back to the stock power it's able to display 1080p but now flashing to black screen, losing signal every few seconds. Driving me crazy, maybe it's updating in the background, it says it's up to date at 4.1 JB. I think I got a lemon, it won't even work on my other tvs, only on my high end Vizio. I'll keep trying but not for long. Thanks for the help though.

update, of course as soon as I click submit the device stabilizes even on my other HDTV. Blutooth fairy is behaving badly, have to re-pair mouse often. Black screen still happening when loading USB files. I hope updates fix these asap. I may stick with it now but a lot of my apps are not compatible with this new stick.

update 2 this gizmo is growing on me. It's still erratic with video problems but improving. It it seems to be breaking in and running really smooth most of the time. If this trend continues I'll likely keep it and wait patiently for a decent firmware. I've read Android 4.2 has created wifi issues so no hurry to try that. I have to say I'm really enjoying the quad performance running demanding games like Plants vs Zombies. Hopefully more apps will be optimized and compatible for the quad core sooner then later.
monkeybiz

Postby monkeybiz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:29 pm

just to update, I found the problem with the video. Others have reported defective HDMI cables so I ditched the extension for a switch and problem solved.
I even submitted a positive review on Amazon product page, very happy user.

I haven't seen this mentioned but Rockchip released a new SDK.
Perfectly optimize high order Retina screen, resolution ratio of 2048*1536, operation fluency at full frame of 60 frames per second with remarkably improvement;
Optimize graphics processor GPU performance, large-scale 3D game frame rate improved by 30%, reach an advanced level in this industry;
Deeply optimize Android4.2.2 system version, amend BUH left by Google, provide more stable system;
Android4.2.2 Google CTS certification, the first one in China to have successfully passed this certification;
Smoothly support Miracast wireless screen to screen transmission, time delay is shortened by 50% comparing with the like products;
Webpage browsing is accelerated by 20%, smooth browsing of multiple webpage;
Browser joins Web GL, supports online 3D games;
Optimize HDMI video 1080P HD playing image quality;
Optimize power supply management system, further optimize power consumption, and provide longer duration;
Support Bluetooth 4.0 http://minipute.com/2013/06/20/new-sdk2 ... 8-soc/1221

seems like a big deal to me but I don't know how this applies my RKM802iv
monkeybiz

Postby lexxluther » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50 am

wait until they have a real working rom
lexxluther

Postby Manavjs » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:58 am

Ordered the MK802iv from CloudSto after reading on the forums that Chipset on this device (Mk802iv) is now upgraded / changed. I just want to ensure that I receive this new version. Have sent a email and tried calling the customer service number to check this - but no luck :( hope some one here reads this and provide some clarity ??
Manavjs

Postby andykirby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:18 am

Yes all new devices shipped will have the AP6210 chipset.
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby Manavjs » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:24 am

Thanks Andy!! Will look forward to receiving my shipment soon :)
Manavjs

PreviousNext

Return to A10 Media PC Forum