MK802 II -Audio & Video out of sync

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: MK802 II -Audio & Video out of sync

Postby Eispfogel » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:29 pm

I have the exact same issue :/

All Movies are out of sync. Be it directly from SD-Card, USB-HDD, Network or via the Youtube App. I tried various Players(like MX-Player, VLC Beta and so on) but they all suffer from the same issue.
It also does not matter if i use HW or SW decoding. It gets as bad as up to 3 seconds of delay. I really think that this is an issue of the Rikomagic itself. I hope they can fix it....it also seems that this was no issue with the "old" models.

I wanted to use this device to replace my large powerconsuming desktop pc to playback Videos but it fails at that. I wouldnt have mattered if i just bought for...say 40 bucks...but it was actually was 129... so i really hope there will be a fix for this... like soon or right about now.
Eispfogel

Postby smoothchat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:35 am

Like I said, BSplayer has an audio offset setting, plus or minus 3 seconds. Only seems to work in SW mode tho
smoothchat

Postby Eispfogel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Yeah you said that. The problem is - in the beginning of a movie it can be as bad as 3+ seconds. In the middle of the movie it can be just half a second. so in this case i have to reconfigure the setting or choose a setting which would work most of the time.
That is no solution. It also does not help with youtube videos(using the youtube app)
Eispfogel

Postby wololo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:48 am

I have out of sync issues with youtube too.
It is not related to the bandwidth I believe, as it doesn't matter if the video is in HD or SD. Also, I am having no problem with Netflix (plays perfectly), or with videos on the sdcard (when they accept to play, that is...). So I really think it is specific to the youtube app or codec.

I had another device with roughly the same specs (called the Droid X360) and never experienced any such lag in Youtube videos. I am also not seeing such complaints from original MK802 owners... hopefully this is a firmware issue?

Edit: turns out my device is an MK802+ clone that was advertised as an MK802 II
Review of the MK802 IV - Review of the MK802 III - Review of the air mouse MK702 II
My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your Android TV (2014 edition)
Tutorial: watch Netflix outside of the US (this method works way better than VPN!)
wololo

Postby wololo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:07 am

Reviving this old topic, just to say that getting an MK802 III solved all my issues. It's not going to be a solution for everyone, but the MK802 III solved most of the issues I had with the first model (I'm assuming, thanks to the dual core)
Review of the MK802 IV - Review of the MK802 III - Review of the air mouse MK702 II
My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your Android TV (2014 edition)
Tutorial: watch Netflix outside of the US (this method works way better than VPN!)
wololo

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum