MK802 II - Unable to remount in rw

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: MK802 II - Unable to remount in rw

Postby Ascii » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi

I'm a newbe and i have the same error that you have solved.

Can you send me more details and if it possible, the command lines, for solve this problem?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards

jerem wrote:Hello,

I had the exact same problem as you and I fixed it.

The problem is that the ext4 filesystem on /dev/block/nandd was corrupted. I am not sure whether I corrupted itby myself or if it was corrupted in the original ROM.
The first thing I tried to do was to fix the errors on it with e2fsck (booting with an lubuntu image) but it was not enough, I still couldn't mount the fs in read-write mode.

So I did a complete backup of the content of /dev/block/nandd (with a tar -cpvf still fom lubuntu), recreated an ext4 FS and restored my backup on it.

After rebooting Android, /system was in rw mode!! :D

Tell me if you need a more detailed explanation with the command lines to type.
Ascii

Postby smoothchat » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes that would help greatly.

I am trying to modify the /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml to allow apps to write to the extsd, but cannot remount /system in r/w mode.

Thanks for your assistance.
smoothchat

Postby tronn » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:40 pm

lucabelluccini wrote:Hello,
is anyone able to remount system folder in rw?
I am rejected with message: Failed - Read only file system.

I had this problem allso, I made a new livsuit image,and that was working. I tried to put CWM in the image, CWM is still messed up :lol:
tronn

Postby smoothchat » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Ah, another post mentioned that he lost full root capability after he did a factory reset. Given thast some people have no problems and others do, perhaps those with problems have done a factory reset at some point.
smoothchat

Postby twjordo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:31 am

smoothchat wrote:Ah, another post mentioned that he lost full root capability after he did a factory reset. Given thast some people have no problems and others do, perhaps those with problems have done a factory reset at some point.

try uberoid..... it is better than a factory reset and has been proven stable .....new release will soon be available :ugeek:
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby smoothchat » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks, but I would rather get android working properly first until I get my confidence up.

I can boot into Lubuntu via the extsd. I hope to copy the entire /system, altering the premissions and reformatting the partition, then copy back with RW rights.

I would greatly appreciate jerem's instructions in order to do that.
smoothchat

Postby cajkovski » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:00 pm

I can confirm it works after I installed system again. I just updated super su and all applications which requires root worked without problems....
cajkovski

Postby lucabelluccini » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 pm

cajkovski wrote:I can confirm it works after I installed system again. I just updated super su and all applications which requires root worked without problems....

Waiting for microsd card to replicate on my side.
If it works I'll put a howto.
lucabelluccini

Postby smoothchat » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:54 am

Ended up biting the bullet and reinstalling the ROM as per viewtopic.php?f=6&t=449.

Went through three SD card readers until I found one that worked with PhoenixCard. But all good now. Full RW rights to the system.

Internal partitions change slightly with less on the SDCard partition and more on internal, but I can live with that.
smoothchat

Re: MK802 II - Unable to remount in rw [SOLVED] Now no wifi!

Postby lucabelluccini » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:55 am

I managed to recreate the partition and restore the backup of /system folder.
Now I can remount in rw

Thanks!

I have another issue now: I am unable to connect to my wifi network. It loops on Acquiring IP Address.
It is probably something linked to file permissions.
lucabelluccini

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum