My MK802 will not connect to Wifi

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

My MK802 will not connect to Wifi

Postby Sjever » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi as above mentioned my MK802II can't connect to wifi it keeps trying though,anyone has a golden tip what could be wrong?

Sjef 8-)
Sjever

Re: My MK802 will not connect to Wifi

Postby barharborboy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi

I have the same problem. I got a response today from another person who had the same issue.

"when i recive my mk802, i have same problem. try to change wi-fi channel on wi-fi router. i am set 5 channel, and change security to WPA2, and excelent work now!"

Now I have to figure out how to change the channel in a Wi Fi router!
barharborboy

Postby TnTBlows » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Make sure you have entered your pass code correctly. Mine will "try" to connect with the wrong pass code and never give an error message (I kept trying the same wrong code, not because I had the wrong one, but because my keyboard was NOT entering it correctly).

Also try to connect without the HDMI cable connected, and the MK802 as far as possible from the monitor.

Also try another AP or router (either your own, or a neighbor's), then go back to your preferred host.

Also try another channel (on your router/AP), some 2.4 keyboards do not play nice with WiFi.

Report your success (or failure) to help others, this is a common problem.
TnTBlows

Postby plumix » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:48 am

I was having the same problem than you, thanks for the cue, I've try chanel 5-6 wap2-psk and tkp, solve with only wap-psk and chanel 10 ! :P
plumix

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum