Firmware update 29.09

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: tatubias, twjordo, KEgg

Re: Firmware update 29.09

Postby sysinfo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 pm

I flashed the new firmware on my just-arrived-today MK802 II (I'd like to say that I'm living dangerously, but I had to reflash anyway to try and resolve being unable to remount system as r/w.) Shows up as Android 4.0.4, baseband 1.4.4, Kernel 3.0.8-android, and Build is RKM-emg4.0.4MM76D - I believe that's mostly the same as the original stock firmware, but the kernel version/description is shorter now. You can see some decent screenshots and a Korean writeup from http://muritzy.tistory.com/643. I now see 0.98GB internal storage and a second internal storage space of 1.80GB, which is an improvement. Also includes "FireAir Receiver" that runs at startup - DLNA receiver, I believe? as well as a new AppCenter and a Korean keyboard. I did have to switch my TV over to "just scan" to get the screen to show up properly; the original firmware didn't have that happen. Otherwise seems fine so far.
sysinfo

Postby sysinfo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:31 am

Resolved busybox/superuser issue, probably my fault for using the stericson version instead of the jrummy installer. Installed to /system/bin and ran its fix permissions script just to be sure, rebooted like a charm. At least I've learned that the recovery flash procedure is reliable.
sysinfo

Postby loadedlen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:19 am

I hope this image fixes my ANR plague. Just about everything I do on my MK802 II causes App Not Responding dialogs. I've tried everything else I could think of, this is definitely getting flashed tonight.
loadedlen

Postby jrrsteve » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:41 am

I can confirm that the upgrade has sorted out the video/audio sync problem, plays perfectly well now in VLC player. This was a major issue for me. BTW, the upgrade was quick and very easy (first time doing it).
jrrsteve

Postby poussun » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:08 am

This firmware isn't stable.

After the second reboot, and the installation of a few applications, the device is blocked at boot - Android green robot flashing for minutes

Any tip to solve that issue?
poussun

Postby smoothchat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 am

This build seems to have the EXTSD mounted with full access for other apps (no need to edit platform.xml).

Big problem tho, after I set up the app store access, when I rebooted using the shutdown option in the task bar, the unit wouldn't restart but would sit at the animating android logo.

I reflashed and setup 3 times with the same result. I could install all my apps (using a backup tool), and reboot with no worries, but as soon as I set up the app store, the next reboot would fail to reload.

Can anyone else verify that using the app store breaks the device ?

I had to roll back to the120822 build and did precisely the same as before with no ill effects.
smoothchat

Postby Androidpc.es » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm

smoothchat wrote:This build seems to have the EXTSD mounted with full access for other apps (no need to edit platform.xml).

Big problem tho, after I set up the app store access, when I rebooted using the shutdown option in the task bar, the unit wouldn't restart but would sit at the animating android logo.

I reflashed and setup 3 times with the same result. I could install all my apps (using a backup tool), and reboot with no worries, but as soon as I set up the app store, the next reboot would fail to reload.

Can anyone else verify that using the app store breaks the device ?

I had to roll back to the120822 build and did precisely the same as before with no ill effects.

YES, using apps and hangs at reolad in my mk802 II
Androidpc.es

Postby ccb » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi, I have a MK802II and just installed the new firmware 0929. I confirm that after activating Google Play the system doesn't boot. It get stock in the boot animation.
I hope this get fix soon.
Thanks,
Carlos
ccb

Postby Adainair » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi to all
Can someone pull out from new image the Fire Air Receiver.apk
I am reflash MK with the old firmware, with the new i have same problems like you.
Adainair

Postby ccb » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 pm

I confirm that after configuring Google play system doesn't boot, It get stock in the boot animation.
ccb

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum