Firmware update 29.09

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Firmware update 29.09

Postby mmaniaci » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:32 pm

focuz wrote:
Adainair II wrote:Please check after flashing procedure do you have any txt file in sdcard? and post here.

I try to flash my device the correct way. It's not possible to do this easy task wrong, but the blue light wont turn off.
The SD-card is totally empty. After 20 minutes of waiting for that blue light to turn off, I just cut the power. Plugging the SD-card back into the PC and it's empty. No .txt file.
Any suggestions?

I am using the 2909 firmware, but that doesn't seem to unlock my device. Does the "Unlock my MK802 II" firmware work as 2909 or is it just a misleading name for a FW?

Try re-downloading the firmware and re-burning the image using Phoenix Card. Also, when you try to flash, try unplugging your device for 10 seconds or so, then power it back on to read from the sdcard. It seems like if I do it ( turn off device, insert sdcard, power on device ) too fast, sometimes the blue light doesn't go off.
ALso, I may be wrong, but I believe I read somewhere that after burning the image to sdcard you won't actually be able to see it on there, it's hidden.

I do believe "Unlock my MK802ii" is a misleading name ( but the firmware seemed to be pretty smooth so it's worth trying it out IMO ).
mmaniaci

Postby focuz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Yes the image is hidden on a partition of its own. I've tried reburning the same ROM, burning other ROMs, and doing the same process over and over again. I did what you mentioned about waiting also. Unfortunately nothing has worked.
focuz

Postby Isdenl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 pm

focuz wrote:Yes the image is hidden on a partition of its own. I've tried reburning the same ROM, burning other ROMs, and doing the same process over and over again. I did what you mentioned about waiting also. Unfortunately nothing has worked.

Perhaps you should try a different microUSB card? If you don't have one, format that card and check it for errors, then try again.

You could also try to reset the device without a card in place, put a paperclip end into the reset button while plugging the device in, hold it for 5 or 10 seconds. Then try to flash the firmware again.

There is an alternative method for loading firmware. It requires plugging the device into the USB port of a Windows computer and running Live(something) software. I've never done it, but there is documentation on it on these boards.
Isdenl

Postby johnoo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:24 am

Hi guys I have this device but there is little problem (I don't know where to put newbie questions please tell me :) ) I have only dvi-d monitor with hdmi adapter but there is known issue purple screen and if I Click somewhere my screen will turn off. Is there any way how to get fullhd support on dvi? (linux or android doesn't matter but I'm asking if it is possible)?
mk802 II
johnoo

Postby rivman05 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:36 pm

I just tried the most recent firmware and now it stick wont boot. I have tried flashing it again, but nothing. Nevermind, I just got a uhost firmware to flash and run with out issues.
rivman05

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum