New non official firmware for MK802 II

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby Adainair » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:36 am

Small update with current tested firmware from other box or stick.
Again tested U1 firmware U1A-404.000.10.121024 and Droid Stick T4 firmware 20120620 same source of firmware, and with this two FW.
i am able to run latest Skype 3.xxxxx video image is perfect, but i have issues with microphone.
Sound from microphone from web cam is bad, but i am noticed if you plug web camera when is OS loaded microphone can work with SounRecorder.apk and Voice search
( voice recorded with Recorder app is perfect, also voice search function is fine) but in skype voice is not perfect.
After this testing i am find two more firmware for A10 boxes and tested
First is Droid Stick T5 firmware Ver 20121115_N this firmware is from Android box with built in microphone and web camera
in this firmware is instaled skype 2.9.0.315 and when i am run this skype version i am again received green image in video call and mic is not good,
also tested Skype 3.xxx same issues. Skype 2.8.920 works with this firmware without green image.
And the last firmware tested is Firmware for Mele A1000 A2000 A3700 V20120816 this FW have same issues like the Droid Stick T5 in video and mic.
Mic in this FW does not work at all.

Summary
Only U1 or Uhost firmware supporting latest skype 3.XXX with MK II, but this firmware need some microphone tweaking or tweaking in system,
because microphone works if you attach web camera when is OS loaded.
And for the end i need to expain you one thing.
I am not stupid ;) to i can't see to you are not interested in this test, but i am write this to give some useful information for someone who can built
correct firmware for this stick and for future buyers of this stick.
Current Rikomagic firmware for me is rock solid, probably the best one in this test, but missing skype support.
Skype is not famous today, when you can buy TV with skype support, but is nice option for buyers of this stick.
See you guys and good luck. ;)
Adainair

Postby danyrolux » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:37 am

Video: Uhost firmware U1A-404.000.10.121024 on Rikomagic MK802 II - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/201 ... 02-ii.html
danyrolux

Postby mk802IIuser » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 am

great works!
but what i want to know is--
does this new rom support bluetooth usb dongle?
mk802IIuser

Postby loupaschris » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Hello Adainair,
although this is my first post in the forum, I wanted to tell you that even if you think otherwise, there are people out there interested by your experiments.
Like me, for example.
I come almost everyday to this forum to see if there's something new with our mk 802 ii device.

Anyway, now that you mentionned this non-official firmware, I'll give it a try and tell you what I think about it.

Actually, the most annoying thing for me is the youtube audio sync problem. And if skype could work, that would be great too :)
loupaschris

Postby Adainair » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:34 pm

@Danyrolux

Great work and thanks for link ;)
For Rikomagic developers "team" this is big kick for your device on market.
One more information about U1 firmware and Google play store, this firmware have better support in G.P than any Rikomagic FW,
you can check this information if you try to install Fancy widget and Google search, did not try other app.
To be clear is not whole market unlocked but is more user friendly.
My last recommedation and post on this forum for users of MK II find 1 Market.apk( this will fix some market incopatibile aps)
or try this firmware until riko fix current issues, if ever fix :roll: .
Hope my U2 will arrive soon. :D
Good luck to @ll
Adainair

Postby loupaschris » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 am

Hello,
I confirm that this firmware works better, at least for me.
Youtube audio sync problem seems to be solved (but I'm not yet 100% sure).
I have the impression that is slightly slower than stock firmware, but only in menus, other applications (games) run exactly the same.

Just make attention on screen display : the output is 1080 by default and some televisions may not support it (it was the case for my tv).
I connected the device on my computer monitor, changed the resolution on 720, shutdown, and than it was fine.
loupaschris

Postby nitehack » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:01 am

Are there any firmware that work usb dongle bluetooh? I have installed U2 firmware but I dont know if I have to install any path
nitehack

Postby danyrolux » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Hello there. I only used the full USB socket; i conected a USB Hub with 4 ports to the full USB socket and i connected the camera and the wired mouse to the USB Hub..

danyrolux

Postby danyrolux » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 pm

danyrolux

Postby Adainair » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:55 pm

loupaschris wrote:Hello Adainair,
I wanted to tell you that even if you think otherwise, there are people out there interested by your experiments.
Like me, for example.
I come almost everyday to this forum to see if there's something new with our mk 802 ii device.

Sorry i am thinks to leave this forum and this is reason for late answer.
Mine idea with this topic is to turn on more peaple or developers in this test , because i can't test all web cams and all possible solution to find right one
but now i am tired and angry in current situation on this site.
By the way thanks for support and good luck ;)
Adainair

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum