New non official firmware for MK802 II

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby Adainair II » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Sorry Leodfs i have Mele F10 and works with any firmware.
Good luck
Adainair II

Postby Adainair II » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Ok thank you for answers on Question: It is time for new FW?

Uhost U1A firmware is got competition finally.
No i am make mistake this firmware does not have competition. This is the best current firmware

Now back to thema, current my best tested firmware is Unlock your MK 802 II :D
What is new in this firmware:

1. Support for both USB ports on MK 802 II ;)
2. Latest Skype support ;)
3. Extra web camera compatibility-> Used in my test Microsoft HD-5000 fully working
4. USB sound card support ;)
5. Google TV remote support ;) install GT remote from GPlay ;)
6. Strong Wireless ;)
7. Rikomagic remote support ;)
This file is used in test. Login details ID:10022 psw:f7d60eb6 Thanks to user bnaya
Code: Select all
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9g1qvx4x6om7gs/RemoteTouchServer.apk

8. Allows you to attach 2 or more usb storage devices. ;)
9. USB to LAN adapter support. ;)
10. Rock stable :D

Then what is bad, because you can't find anything perfect .
Missing Turn off function in status bar, but for me is not big deal.
I recomendent you to install Holo reboot
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scartech.holoreboot&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zY2FydGVjaC5ob2xvcmVib290Il0.

then go to Settings>Languages & inputs>Shourtcut settings and assign one key to Holo reboot on your remote.
By the way read txt file
Link for download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vknp32ytyj3xj0/Unlock%20your%20MK802%20II.rar

Official change log i must respect my source ;)
1) Improved FireAir Receiver compatibility and stability;
2) Improved system stability, including WIFI signal loss problem;
3) Fixed video display position issue after changing video out put mode;
4) Fixed video gone distort issue when using Skype, QQ or other video chat;
5) Fixed when starting Skype or QQ voice chat service, audio always change from AUDIO HDMI to AUDIO VODEC bug.

Part Two: added features

1) Added 'Google TV Remote' feature (remote control TV box with your android phone);
2) Supports more HDMI CEC features;
3) PPPOE and Software AP co-exist.

Also if you test Skype post here working web cams.
Mine tested is Microsoft HD-5000 and i can say works but not smoth in Skype.
I thinks you wont be disapointed with this firmware
Probably you will need to upgrade Flash player.
Flasing procedure is same like in official firmware.
Good luck
Last edited by Adainair II on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Adainair II

Postby danyrolux » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Hello everybody, I just installed a few minutes ago the Mele firmware A10 neutral version 20130102 installed on my Rikomagic MK802II stick and I can only say for now that the system looks and works incredible fast and smoothly. I only had the time to verify that this version of firmware is rooted and Google Play runs with no problem... See more video here - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/01/video-hd-mele-firmware-a10-neutral.html
danyrolux

Postby Adainair II » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Danyrolux
1. Mele only have 512 mb memory.
2. Mele does not have support for OTG mini usb port.
Please correct me if i am make mistake.Update Mele universal firmware support mini USB port.
I am try Mele firmware with date 4.1.2013 but i did not find anything interesting. :roll:

But i am happy to hear to you experting with your MK II like me.
Good luck and if you try Unlock your MK802 II firmware post your feedback, i would like to hear how your Microsoft VX-800 works with this FW.
Last edited by Adainair II on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adainair II

Postby leodfs » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:07 am

@Adainair II. That is the exact model I have. The strange thing is that the input methods worked when i connected in a usb hub and then in the rikomagic. The gb version seemed fast, but its partitions are with wrong sizes ( like 256 mega bytes on /system). I will try your newest suggestion.
@danyrolux I will try your version as well.
Thanks guys.
leodfs

Postby Adainair II » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:43 am

@Leodf my Mele F10 works with any firmware without powered usb, now is in mini usb port, by the way i using powered usb hub 5V-2A for power.

Guys tomorow you can expect from me unlocked Google Play for some application i thinks this works for all firmware.
Some apps what i am must sideload:
Tune in radio
Voice search
Both of posted apps are incopatible with any firmware but now i am find way how to unlock it.
I am tested this fix maybe 2-3 days and i did not find any bug with my MK II, by the way you can't brick something what is bricken. :D
Tomorow also you can expect some tweeks for firmware "Unlock your MK II", and one short video about this firmware.
Good night and sweet dreams :lol:
Adainair II

Postby danyrolux » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 am

Adainair II wrote:@Leodf my Mele F10 works with any firmware without powered usb, now is in mini usb port, by the way i using powered usb hub 5V-2A for power.

Guys tomorow you can expect from me unlocked Google Play for some application i thinks this works for all firmware.
Some apps what i am must sideload:
Tune in radio
Voice search
Both of posted apps are incopatible with any firmware but now i am find way how to unlock it.
I am tested this fix maybe 2-3 days and i did not find any bug with my MK II, by the way you can't brick something what is bricken. :D
Tomorow also you can expect some tweeks for firmware "Unlock your MK II", and one short video about this firmware.
Good night and sweet dreams :lol:

Good job, I can't wait... ;) Cheers!
danyrolux

Postby leodfs » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 am

@AdainairII, Sure thing, thats really weird, but I only had problem with the GB rom. By the way. I am testing your new firmware, it rocks fast and stable. Are you editing the firmware yourself? Could you share the tools?
thnx
leodfs

Postby Adainair II » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:43 pm

leodfs wrote: Are you editing the firmware yourself?

Hi Leodfs
No i did not change anything in this firmware, this is original firmware for another A10 box, only is Google Play my fix, and fix is not in firmware.

leodfs wrote:Could you share the tool

Yes i have tool for extract image file, but i did not find good tutorial how to, on internet, and also i did not have very mouch time.
Link for tool i will post later.
By the way this fix is amazing, but i have bad information for all i am sold my fix one small company . :oops: like Apple ;) also for small money :lol:

Update
One of my promises from last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDfW3el6XOw&feature=youtu.be

By the way messages "NO more room on this screen" are assigned to Go laucher HD, and also sorry for video quality.
Bootanimation is make one smart guy on Freaktab, and this is first time to i am use Bootanimation in my MK II.
Adainair II

Postby Adainair II » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Adainair II wrote:By the way this fix is amazing, but i have bad information for all i am sold my fix one small company . :oops: like Apple ;) also for small money :lol:

Guys this is joke, :D and also this is message for @ll my hiden readers of this topic ;) .
I am ready to share my fix ;)

New video Mk II with firmware Unlock your MK II is in air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU83AZV2Vjo

Avatar 13.52 GB from this link is stress test for wifi, and currently my MK II can't handle 1080p 13.50 GB over wifi without lags ,
but this is best wifi currently in my tested firmware.
Also i must remind you i did not make any test with any of Riko firmware because i don't like to lose my time in broken firmware i mean this time without Skype support.
Adainair II

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum