Any rom with usb bluetooth compatibility?

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: tatubias, twjordo, KEgg

Re: Any rom with usb bluetooth compatibility?

Postby Isdenl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 pm

servili007 wrote:I am currently testing a CM10 image for this device that I will release relatively soon. Hotplugged bluetooth support does work.

Will your ROM also have drivers for the "alternate" MK802 II models with the Realtek rtl8188eu wireless chip?

Seems there's a ghost shift at Rikomagic making nearly identical MK802s IIs, the only real difference being the WiFi chip. I looks like a lot of the "MK802 IIs" being sold at Amazon have this alternate WiFI chip. I strongly suspect the similar Uhost stick also uses this Realtek chip, as the popular Uhost ROM (discussed here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3297 ) has drivers for the rtl8188eu while the official Rikomagic ROMs do not.

Thanks
Isdenl

Postby XICO2KX » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Hey servili007! :)
Are you also working together with xplodwild and codeworkx? ;)
They are also part of the CyanogenMod team and they are also porting CM10.1 to the MK802! :P

Check this post: 8-)
peterperfect wrote:Hello people, im back again with some news.

First, xplodwild still waiting to Amazon.fr deliver his MK802. The expected date is december 22nd. We are waiting too long so I hope they deliver on date.

Second, we have also great news. World known developer codeworkx also ordered MK802ii and MK802iii. They should be arriving within a week so he will be also contributing very much to the development.

As i said before, stay tuned cause i will start the respective threads as soon as we have something to share.

Cheers,

:mrgreen:
XICO2KX

Postby servili007 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:08 am

I will need feedback from you guys on whether or not all the wifi chips work, but I can tell you that I do have an RTL8188CTV (0bda:8176) in my own device, and it is working.

Regarding the other CM developers, I have been made aware of their work, but have not worked with them. I started from the allwinner-dev-team source and got to the point I am at from editing that.

I've also been told that one of those developers had broken their mk802ii, but this may have just been a rumor. Either way, I did make it known that I was open to working with them.

Where the rom stands now is that it is fully functional with a few quirks. I may release it as is or may make a few more edits to change some default cyanogenmod settings to values that are more targeted to android sticks. Porting settings such as setting HDMI overscan/underscan and the on screen power and volume buttons will have to wait (there are apps on the market to restore that functionality, namely "shutdown menu").
servili007

Postby Isdenl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 am

servili007 wrote:I will need feedback from you guys on whether or not all the wifi chips work, but I can tell you that I do have an RTL8188CTV (0bda:8176) in my own device, and it is working.

Regarding the other CM developers, I have been made aware of their work, but have not worked with them. I started from the allwinner-dev-team source and got to the point I am at from editing that.

I've also been told that one of those developers had broken their mk802ii, but this may have just been a rumor. Either way, I did make it known that I was open to working with them.

Where the rom stands now is that it is fully functional with a few quirks. I may release it as is or may make a few more edits to change some default cyanogenmod settings to values that are more targeted to android sticks. Porting settings such as setting HDMI overscan/underscan and the on screen power and volume buttons will have to wait (there are apps on the market to restore that functionality, namely "shutdown menu").

Thanks for the great work!

How is overall speed as compared to the Uhost ROM? I've tried half a dozen ROMs, the Uhost has been the snappiest by far.
Isdenl

Postby XICO2KX » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 pm

servili007 wrote:I will need feedback from you guys on whether or not all the wifi chips work, but I can tell you that I do have an RTL8188CTV (0bda:8176) in my own device, and it is working.

I'll be glad to help! ;)
How/where can we know which WiFi chip we have installed? :P

servili007 wrote:Regarding the other CM developers, I have been made aware of their work, but have not worked with them. I started from the allwinner-dev-team source and got to the point I am at from editing that.

I think they started new from scratch! :roll:
But a working solution is always a good starting point. ;)

servili007 wrote:I've also been told that one of those developers had broken their mk802ii, but this may have just been a rumor. Either way, I did make it known that I was open to working with them.

Always glad to hear about team work! ;)

servili007 wrote:Where the rom stands now is that it is fully functional with a few quirks. I may release it as is or may make a few more edits to change some default cyanogenmod settings to values that are more targeted to android sticks. Porting settings such as setting HDMI overscan/underscan and the on screen power and volume buttons will have to wait (there are apps on the market to restore that functionality, namely "shutdown menu").

Ok, good luck for your work! :D
And please keep us informed of your progress! 8-)
XICO2KX

Postby Isdenl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:21 pm

XICO2KX wrote:I'll be glad to help! ;)
How/where can we know which WiFi chip we have installed? :P

I think I used the Android System Info app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... csheep.asi

I don't have the stick with me now, it may have been one of the other handful of System Info apps in the Play store.
Isdenl

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum