browser does not work

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: tatubias, twjordo, KEgg

browser does not work

Postby ira » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:57 pm

My Rikomagic802 booted up correctly, connected to my wifi signal, shows the signal strength to be good, but browser will not connect me to anything on the web. It always gives error message that it could not connect to that web page. Another Android device, a tablet in the same room connects to all those same web pages with no problem. The browser that came built in does not seem to work. But without a browser I don't know how to get to the APP store to download one that works. Is there a way to do this?
ira

Re: browser does not work

Postby danyrolux » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:45 am

ira wrote:My Rikomagic802 booted up correctly, connected to my wifi signal, shows the signal strength to be good, but browser will not connect me to anything on the web. It always gives error message that it could not connect to that web page. Another Android device, a tablet in the same room connects to all those same web pages with no problem. The browser that came built in does not seem to work. But without a browser I don't know how to get to the APP store to download one that works. Is there a way to do this?

Do you have installed the Play Store app? If so, try to open the Play Store and use search function to look after alternative browser apps: Dolphin, Firefox, Chrome or Opera.

If not, try to download Dolphin apk from here http://dl.papktop.com/2012/11/Dolphin_Browser_9_0_3.apk, put it on the SD card and then install it.

Hope this help.
danyrolux

Re: browser does not work

Postby ira » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Thank you for responding. It turned out the problem was me, not the browser. I had typed my wifi password incorrectly, but the MK802 screen responded with "connected" so I thought everything was fine ... but could not connect to any webpage with browser. I reconnected the device with my wifi using the correct password, and the browser works fine.
ira

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum