Multiple USB HDD or Flash drives

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: tatubias, twjordo, KEgg

Multiple USB HDD or Flash drives

Postby techn0mage » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:28 am

Hello,

I have tried using more than one USB flash drive or a USB flash drive plus a USB HDD (probably there is no difference to the host).

What happens is that everything gets mounted to /mnt/usbhost1, so whatever drive I plugged in last is on /mnt/usbhost1 and there is no way to access both drives at once.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? In case it is not clear what I am asking - For example, one USB drive goes to /mnt/usbhost0 and another USB drive mounts to /mnt/usbhost1 and so on. I notice the /mnt directory lists usbhost0 through usbhost3.

Many Thanks!
techn0mage

Re: Multiple USB HDD or Flash drives

Postby danyrolux » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:33 am

techn0mage wrote:Hello,

I have tried using more than one USB flash drive or a USB flash drive plus a USB HDD (probably there is no difference to the host).

What happens is that everything gets mounted to /mnt/usbhost1, so whatever drive I plugged in last is on /mnt/usbhost1 and there is no way to access both drives at once.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? In case it is not clear what I am asking - For example, one USB drive goes to /mnt/usbhost0 and another USB drive mounts to /mnt/usbhost1 and so on. I notice the /mnt directory lists usbhost0 through usbhost3.

Many Thanks!

It realy works, with Uhost firmware and a USB Hub. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_yWjdfKqaQ&feature=youtu.be
danyrolux

Postby techn0mage » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Thank you for presenting a solution to my issue. OK, assuming it does work on Uhost firmware - am I to take this to mean it does not work on the latest version of MK802 II firmware that was just announced?

I can change the firmware if this is really the only solution - I was curious if there are any other solutions for the problem of "Every USB drive mounts to /usbhost1"
techn0mage

Postby danyrolux » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07 pm

techn0mage wrote:Hello,

Many Thanks!

Also the Mele firmware accepts multiple USB Flash Drives. Take a look at this video http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/2013/01/video-hd-mele-firmware-a10-neutral_16.html
danyrolux

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum