Page 3 of 4

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:03 pm
by redpotatoes
johnshun wrote:redpotatoes, please hook us up with a link to download that xw-i8 firmware that you mentioned or a link for more information on the firmware. From my experience, Uhost 20121024 is the most stable and works the best. However, the only problem I have with it is the lack of OTG micro usb port support.


I updated page 1 with the download link of that firmware.

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed (wifi chipset 8188)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 am
by johnshun
thanks redpotatoes. From your review, I rather stay with the uhost firmware because it's almost completely functional with the exception of the OTG port of course. Man I wish there's just an app or a kernel update that would just enable this very basic function. :(

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed (wifi chipset 8188)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:11 pm
by macgir
I am playing with 20121205/08 FW for a week now. It is really slow, xbmc errors out during install, HBOGO crashes.

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed (wifi chipset 8188)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:29 pm
by Isdenl
macgir wrote:I am playing with 20121205/08 FW for a week now. It is really slow, xbmc errors out during install, HBOGO crashes.


Thanks for the information. How does that identify in System Info?

Is it RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D ?

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed (wifi chipset 8188)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 am
by macgir
the version identify itself as RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D20121205.
Another issue with it that it takes almost a minute after reboot to get from system zero time (1970) to an actual set date/time. When RemoteTouch Server is off performance is a bit better, but not much.

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed (wifi chipset 8188)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:47 am
by Isdenl
macgir wrote:the version identify itself as RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D20121205.
Another issue with it that it takes almost a minute after reboot to get from system zero time (1970) to an actual set date/time. When RemoteTouch Server is off performance is a bit better, but not much.


I ordered another unit and it came with a yet another version of the Rikomagic firmware. This one didn't have a date either.

This ROM is named very similarly: RKMGZ-emg4.0.4IMM76D

It seems to run quite a bit slower than RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D on the unit I previously received. RKMGZ while slower, is completely rooted. The RKM-emg version is only partially rooted as the system directory cannot be set to read/write.

To sum up these two stock Rikomagic firmwares:

RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D

Pros: Fast, (seems as fast as Uhost). Stable, No "index" issues with the Play store. Adequate WiFi.
Cons: Only partially rooted, the all-important System directory cannot be set to read /write, disallowing installation of many utilities that require root
Build Date : Unknown
Download location: Unknown

RKMGZ-emg4.0.4IMM76D

Pros: Stable, No "index" issues with the Play store. Adequate WiFi. Completely rooted
Cons: Slow, laggy,
Build Date : Unknown
Download location: Unknown

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed (wifi chipset 8188)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm
by redpotatoes
This thread was made for firmware reviewed on mk802II with wifi chipset 8188.
Firmwares were tested on that unit ???

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed (wifi chipset 8188)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:47 pm
by redpotatoes
Tested 20121205 firmware, reviewed added to page 1.

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 am
by kjacek
danyrolux wrote:Hello everybody, like i just said in another post here, I just installed a few minutes ago the Mele firmware A10 neutral version 20130102 on my Rikomagic MK802II stick and I can only say for now that the system looks and works incredible fast and smoothly. I only had the time to verify that this version of firmware is rooted and Google Play runs with no problem... See more video here - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/01/video-hd-mele-firmware-a10-neutral.html


For me this firmware is one of the best.
My MK802II isn't deamon of speed, but with this firmware is stable.
I haven't problems with google play so far.
This image allows me watching films stored on NAS disk without breaks (I've experienced frequently that film suddenly stops or breaks on all official firmwares and most unofficial).

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 pm
by Isdenl
kjacek wrote:
danyrolux wrote:Hello everybody, like i just said in another post here, I just installed a few minutes ago the Mele firmware A10 neutral version 20130102 on my Rikomagic MK802II stick and I can only say for now that the system looks and works incredible fast and smoothly. I only had the time to verify that this version of firmware is rooted and Google Play runs with no problem... See more video here - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/01/video-hd-mele-firmware-a10-neutral.html


For me this firmware is one of the best.
My MK802II isn't deamon of speed, but with this firmware is stable.
I haven't problems with google play so far.
This image allows me watching films stored on NAS disk without breaks (I've experienced frequently that film suddenly stops or breaks on all official firmwares and most unofficial).


Have you tried the Uhost firmware? You find this more stable?