USB Audio

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: tatubias, twjordo, KEgg

USB Audio

Postby sonygoup » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Ok guys i was wondering if any one tried a usb audio on the MK802 ii BECUASE i wanna by one for the mic to skype
Android Stick
MK802 ii Owner
Version : RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D20121205
Tablet
Acho C905 7'
Android Ver.4.0.3
Phone
Blackberry 9700
OS.: 6
sonygoup

Re: USB Audio

Postby xlaxplaya » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 am

The answer is kind of, but not really. I just tried my Turtle Beach USB headphone/mic adapter, and it worked....sort of. It sounded like crap and it cut out a bunch, so it definitely wouldn't be good enough for Skype. But I'm not sure if that's because my particular USB audio thingy isn't compatible with Android, or if the MK802II doesn't do so well with USB audio. As soon as I plug it in, the MK802II recognizes it, and a notification about USB Audio pops up, so I'm guessing Android has built in compatibility. I figured maybe turning off the HDMI output channel would help, but it won't let me. I can uncheck the box in the sound options, but as soon as I leave it re-checks and the HDMI audio doesn't turn off.
As far as audio input goes, I wasn't able to get it to recognize a microphone or record any audio. I tested it using an audio recording app from the Play Store.
Maybe you'll have better luck with a different brand of USB audio adapter, but I wouldn't bet on it. But hey, some of them are pretty cheap, so maybe give it a shot.

TL;DR: USB audio output works, but cuts out a bunch and is totally unusable. Input doesn't work.

EDIT: I tried my USB mic as well, and I wasn't able to get any audio input from that either. It looks like we're audio-less, unless there's a firmware version that supports USB audio.
xlaxplaya

Postby sonygoup » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:08 pm

sigh ok cant wait for the firmware update....i wonder if the new version MK802iii has there same probelms?
Android Stick
MK802 ii Owner
Version : RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D20121205
Tablet
Acho C905 7'
Android Ver.4.0.3
Phone
Blackberry 9700
OS.: 6
sonygoup

Postby ganovim » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:56 pm

sonygoup wrote:Ok guys i was wondering if any one tried a usb audio on the MK802 ii BECUASE i wanna by one for the mic to skype

Have tried a few Roms, and they all had issues with usb audio and Skype
This one worked without problems
Flash this Rom
HBD400.img
ganovim

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum