hdmi to composite/component?

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: tatubias, twjordo, KEgg

hdmi to composite/component?

Postby fbs777 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:30 pm

in display output settings (im using the latest firmware) i can see a lot of hdmi modes and a pal mode and a ntsc mode.

i want to know if i can use one of these cheap HDMI to composite (or component) cables which also provide audio output as well to connect the MK802II to my old TV (which has only composite and component inputs) using the pal/ntsc modes in settings.
fbs777

Re: hdmi to composite/component?

Postby danyrolux » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:50 am

fbs777 wrote:in display output settings (im using the latest firmware) i can see a lot of hdmi modes and a pal mode and a ntsc mode.

i want to know if i can use one of these cheap HDMI to composite (or component) cables which also provide audio output as well to connect the MK802II to my old TV (which has only composite and component inputs) using the pal/ntsc modes in settings.

The MK802II only has a digital HDMI port for both video and sound. The composite, component and VGA inputs on the TV or monitor is analog and in order for it to receive a signal from HDMI, the signal needs to be converted from digital to analog. There are HDMI to VGA/component cables available on the market but these cannot be used as the cable is not capable of doing the digital to analog conversion.

What is needed is a HDMI to VGA/component signal converter that converts the HDMI signal to an analog video signal. It also needs to convert the audio into analog stereo. Some signal converters can even scale the video into a format that can be supported by your TV or monitor while others will only convert the signal but does not scale.

You'll find your solution in this article here - http://www.squidoo.com/mk802-troubleshooting-guide and here http://wizzley.com/hdmi-to-vga-and-rgb-component-converter/

Good luck!
danyrolux

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum