MK802II firmwares gathered on one place!

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: MK802II firmwares gathered on one place!

Postby 2Damage » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 am

Which one is the best? Some FW got the weak WIFI signal problem..
2Damage

Postby danyrolux » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks for the reply.

Is the link above for RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D or is it for something different?

The Sendspace link above is for a 281MB file, while the post at touchscreen-apps.blogspot links to a different ROM with the same date, but with a file size of 366MB. https://hotfile.com/dl/188381250/376fe0 ... 5.img.html

Do you know why this is?

Thanks again.[/quote]

The file from Hotfile link is the image .img file, the Sendspace link is about the archive .rar file, I guess...
danyrolux

Postby danyrolux » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 am

2Damage wrote:Which one is the best? Some FW got the weak WIFI signal problem..

I like most the Cyanogenmod 10 firmware, because is the only one Jelly Bean version from the list; is awesome, fast, but still has a lots of limitations...
The most stable for me and my needs seems to be the Uhost U1A-404.000.10.121024 firmware...
But, in the end, you can try 3-4 different versions and keep the one that fulfills your demands...
danyrolux

Postby Isdenl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 pm

danyrolux wrote:
The file from Hotfile link is the image .img file, the Sendspace link is about the archive .rar file, I guess...

Actually no. Even unpacked the files are different sizes, though I think I figured out why, even though the posting has them listed as the same date, the files do not actually share the same date. One of the ROM's has a date of 2012-12-05. One supposes that is a more recent firmware.

As for the Uhost ROM, has anyone else confirmed that is is infected with a trojan that steals credentials? Given that possibility, I'd feel far safer using official Rikomagic firmwares directly downloaded from Rikomagic. The problem is that there do not seem to be ANY MK802 II firmwares on the Rikomagic FTP.
Isdenl

Postby danyrolux » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Isdenl wrote:
danyrolux wrote:

Actually no. Even unpacked the files are different sizes, though I think I figured out why, even though the posting has them listed as the same date, the files do not actually share the same date. One of the ROM's has a date of 2012-12-05. One supposes that is a more recent firmware.

As for the Uhost ROM, has anyone else confirmed that is is infected with a trojan that steals credentials? Given that possibility, I'd feel far safer using official Rikomagic firmwares directly downloaded from Rikomagic. The problem is that there do not seem to be ANY MK802 II firmwares on the Rikomagic FTP.

In this case my bad, MEA CULPA; sometimes I post from home, another time from my office, etc... I don't have all the files with me, that's way I was guessing about the files different size.. Now I see we're right...
About Uhost Rom been infected, I don't know and I don't think so... In Android, from my knowledge, you have to install and run an unsecured apk to get infected, something like this https://www.google.ro/search?q=android+steal+credentials&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:ro:official&client=firefox-a
danyrolux

Postby Isdenl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm

danyrolux wrote:About Uhost Rom been infected, I don't know and I don't think so... In Android, from my knowledge, you have to install and run an unsecured apk to get infected, something like this https://www.google.ro/search?q=android+steal+credentials&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:ro:official&client=firefox-a

I don't know if the Uhost ROM is infected, but there's no technical reason it couldn't be. Given a good enough hacker, malware could certainly be placed directly into a ROM. A ROM author compiling from source would have access to everything, the ability to infect anything, access anything.

Even for an unsophisticated hacker or script kiddie, it wouldn't be that difficult. Because Android ROM's contain any number of APKs, a malware infected APK could be dumped into a ROM before build. It could be obfuscated or renamed to something innocuous and would have full system access.

That's why I'm only using Rikomagic ROM's I've downloaded directly from Rikomagic.
Isdenl

Postby leodfs » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:16 am

That is a good point, but you don't have a good technical reason to believe in anything. But as far as I can tell the uhost firmware is the stock one from the Uhost mini-pc, so if you grab it from an official uhost reseller you are as good as the rikomagic one.
leodfs

Postby Isdenl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 am

leodfs wrote:That is a good point, but you don't have a good technical reason to believe in anything. But as far as I can tell the uhost firmware is the stock one from the Uhost mini-pc, so if you grab it from an official uhost reseller you are as good as the rikomagic one.

I agree with that. The problem is that the Uhost manufacturer, Smallart, doesn't seem to have any official links for downloading ROM's. They do have a site, but there's not much there.

http://www.smallart.com.cn/en/pro.asp
Isdenl

Postby uggla » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:32 am

danyrolux could you please keep the firmware list in the first post updated? It's a bit inconvenient and confusing to browse the thread.
uggla

Postby M.Ozturk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 pm

I still use the oldest firmware. Everything is fine for me except two things which irritates me alot. Most important issue is synchronisations on playing videos. For example when i play a video on youtube and i click few minutes forward the video doenst play synchrone anymore. When i play 1080p quality videos with mx player or any other players suddenly i hear cracking noice for one second and video also stuck one second and then the video doesnt play synchrone.

Another issiue is that de screen goes black for a second. And this happens few times after for about half an hour. Is there a good firmware for mk802ii where this doesnt happen?
M.Ozturk

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum