MK802II firmwares gathered on one place!

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: MK802II firmwares gathered on one place!

Postby Isdenl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Adainair II wrote:@Kjacek

Don't believe everything, some posts are paid.
I am give guy with warning option to explain me where is read or hear information about trojan in Uhost firmware and i did not got answer,
without answer his post for me sounds like a paid post .
Guys thinks twice why is this guy or similar give us warnings without proofs ;)
Good luck to @ll

I'm not sure about the poster being paid, but I do think he was mistaken regarding that Uhost ROM being the source of his infection.

I searched the net for any other mention of malware in any Uhost firmware. The only result I found came from that post or links to that post. I also searched the Uhost forums, no Uhost owners have reported a hijacking of their Google Play accounts.

This strongly suggests the poster was mistaken regarding the source of his infection. My belief is that the poster was probably hacked, but not by the Uhost firmware. If he used the same Play account on multiple devices, any of those devices could have revealed his Play credentials. There are lots of ways of getting infected. The easiest is by downloading pirated Android apps. Many pirated apps are infected with malware. The pirated app could have been installed to a phone, tablet, or the MK802.

A pirated app was the most likely source, not the Uhost firmware.
Isdenl

Postby kjacek » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:39 am

@Adainair II, @Isdenl thank you for clarification.
kjacek

Postby Adainair II » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 am

Isdenl wrote:I'm not sure about the poster being paid, but I do think he was mistaken regarding that Uhost ROM being the source of his infection.

I searched the net for any other mention of malware in any Uhost firmware. The only result I found came from that post or links to that post. I also searched the Uhost forums, no Uhost owners have reported a hijacking of their Google Play accounts.

This strongly suggests the poster was mistaken regarding the source of his infection. My belief is that the poster was probably hacked, but not by the Uhost firmware. If he used the same Play account on multiple devices, any of those devices could have revealed his Play credentials. There are lots of ways of getting infected. The easiest is by downloading pirated Android apps. Many pirated apps are infected with malware. The pirated app could have been installed to a phone, tablet, or the MK802.

A pirated app was the most likely source, not the Uhost firmware.

I did not also sure to @turnleftdale is "paid", but his post, his account on this forum is very weird.
http://rikomagic.co.uk/forum/memberlist ... ile&u=4508
After good users feedback about Uhost firmware @turnleftdale is give us post with incredible warnings about "Trojan" why ?
Really i don't care, i have my own opinion but it's not good for novice users , post with similar contents without proofs are bad reputation for one company and in same time great commercials way for another Chinese company and this is reason why i am say paid post.
By the way i like place where Pirate buying :D
See you
Last edited by Adainair II on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adainair II

Postby Adainair II » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:13 am

kjacek wrote:@Adainair II, @Isdenl thank you for clarification.

Thank you ;) and good luck.
Adainair II

Postby Magnus33 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 am

I find the Unlock your MK802 II firmware to be the best so far. (minus its custom ui)

Stable smooth and strong wireless which combined with plex makes it a very nice media center.
Unlike most of the stock roms which tend to stutter or have weak wifi.

Haven't tried all them but the cyanogenmod mk802II shows great promise buts lacking features .
Magnus33

Postby danyrolux » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Just added another firmware from PineRiver
17. PineRiver Mini Xplus h24-v1.6-1229 firmware

Cheers!
danyrolux

Postby Adainair II » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Magnus33 wrote:I find the Unlock your MK802 II firmware to be the best so far. (minus its custom ui)

Stable smooth and strong wireless which combined with plex makes it a very nice media center.
Unlike most of the stock roms which tend to stutter or have weak wifi.

Thanks for information, i have also same experience with Unlock your MK II firmware and is really unlock possibilities of my MK II.
Good luck ;)
Adainair II

Postby kiodo1981 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 pm

kiodo1981

Postby Adainair II » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi Kiodo1981
Thanks for links i would like to try Pengpod firmware but every time when i am try to download Android image download is stop after maybe ten minuts.
If you have downloaded image can you upload it for us?
Thanks
Adainair II

Postby danyrolux » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 am

Just added 4 more firmwares

18. pcDuino Android 20130115 firmware (thanks to kiodo1981)
19. PineRiver Mini Xplus H24 v1.6-0124 2013 firmware
20. OpenBox A1 404.003.10.120921 firmware (thanks to Adainair II)
21. Official Rikomagic 12.10.20 firmware

Cheers!
danyrolux

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum