Running Ubuntu on SD card

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Running Ubuntu on SD card

Postby neilb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi All

I am have an issue trying to get the various unbuntu flavours running on the mk802 ii 1 gb of ram. I have a 4GB Micro SD card which I have successfully loaded the Lubuntu image on and this boots successfully. However the Wireless drivers do not appear to be there. I then tried to download various other flavours including the Rikomagic Lubuntu which has been tweaked to find these would not fit on my 4gb card. I purchased an 8gb Sandisk SD card and loaded the Rikomagic image on. The MK802 does not seem to boot at all. I have since formatted the disk off to fat32 and loaded on a movie file and booted up the device into Android, i can successfully read the file on the device no problem. So verifying that the device can see the SD card.

I have then reloaded back on the Rikomagic build and ensured that the partitions and files are readable from an Unbuntu on a PC again no problem. I have now loaded on the original lubuntu build that i could get to work on my 4gb card onto the 8gb card. Result still won't boot.

From my testing this would very much suggest that there are certain types of SD card that the MK802 does not like to boot from, Has any body else experienced this. How can I find and load the wireless drivers in the Lubuntu build that does work?

Has anybody got any ideas on this

Other testing has included the following.
Writing the lunbuntu build to the 4gb card, check it works, Then delete the files off the two partitons using a PC running unbuntu. Write the rikomagic build to an 8gb pen drive, then backing this up in ubuntu using lucky backup, and then restoring these back ups to the 4gb drive. This does not work either................
neilb

Re: Running Ubuntu on SD card

Postby serox_21 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:29 am

... How can I find and load the wireless drivers in the Lubuntu build that does work?.....

read this thread http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3299 maybe your wireless card in 8188eu.
serox_21

Re: Running Ubuntu on SD card

Postby neilb » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks for the reply, will take a look at this
neilb

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum