Booting STOPPED

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Booting STOPPED

Postby 8rxtx8 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 am

Hello

I have a problem with my Riko device. I have updated firmware to 20121205. Everything went fine until rebooting after update process. As usually MK802II is starting with the RIKOMAGIC logo. In this part of booting MK802II stopped and nothing more happend. I have tried to change firmware to more older versions also other firmwares and more times but the result is the same.

Do you have any idea how to slove this abnormality?

Thanks
8rxtx8

Re: Booting STOPPED

Postby Adainair II » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:05 am

I don't see reason why your MK II won't boot, just to remind you first boot is every time slow when you reflash new FW in your MK II.
Booting time is sometimes 5 minuts be patient and also my suggestion for all with same issues in first boot only attach usb dongle for air mouse nothing more.
Good luck
Adainair II

Postby Isdenl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 am

Try a quality 2 amp charger. Low power causes many boot issues.

If that doesn't work, try flashing the firmware again, if that doesn't work, try flashing a different firmware.
Isdenl

Postby 8rxtx8 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:08 am

Thanks for answers.

I am using 2A stabilized and switching power supply. My patient was away after cca. 1 hour waiting. I still dont have any idea.
8rxtx8

Postby Adainair II » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:30 pm

@ 8rxtx8
Sorry man but your situation is really strange, i am also out of idea.
By the way you are very patient guy :)
Good luck
Adainair II

Postby Isdenl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:24 pm

You could try the short circuit recovery method posted a few days ago.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4136

It looks rather tricky so I'd only try it as a last resort. Before doing that, I'd definitely try to flash some other firmwares. I'd also try a different 2 amp charger first. Even the best quality chargers can occasionally fail.
Isdenl

Postby martijnegmond » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:54 am

I've got the same problem.
After 2 weeks suddenly a black screen while booting with only the RikoMagic green figure in sight :(

Greats from Holland
martijnegmond

Postby xlaxplaya » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:19 am

I had similar issues a while back. For me, the problem was that I wasn't deleting the firmware installation files from the sd card after flashing. To test if this is your problem, go through all the flashing steps again and then remove your sd card before rebooting. I ended up reformatting and erasing my sd card with several different programs before using it again just to be sure it was empty. I think the phoenix software has a delete/erase feature that supposedly works, though.
xlaxplaya

Postby PICOsean » Wed May 08, 2013 8:31 pm

I have a similar problem, I recently got my MK802II, And it arrived with a fresh FW flash.
I use it, instasll apps, it works ok. Then I reboot and it stops at the animated boot logo and never passes. I've left it going for hours before to see if it will go farther, it never does.

I have an autoflashing image of Stock FW on an SD card, I can insert this, reflash, and boot up fine, until I use it for anything and shut it off again. Afterwards it will always get stuck on boot logo.

Things:
My USB is a perfect 5v 2A connection
I remove the SD card after flashing a new image, as not to do it again
I powerdown with the software button provided.

please advise, I'll try some other roms and return here for feedback
PICOsean

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum