MK802 II black screen while booting [solved]

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

MK802 II black screen while booting [solved]

Postby boriswinner » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 am

Hello guys!
I've bought a MK802 II. I tried to install CWM recovery, but when I launched script "reboot-recovery.sh" the device went into black screen... Now while booting the TV sees it but there's black screen. I tried to prepare a recovery sdcard using Phoenix Card, but it writes: "Find 5 device, please correct the one" and the "Burn" button is inactive.
What to do?
boriswinner

Re: MK802 II black screen while booting

Postby Isdenl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Regarding Phoenixcard, I had that same issue. The solution is to use a different SDcard reader on your PC.

I have an expensive, name brand USB 3.0 SD card reader that won't work with Phoenixcard. It returns the same error you saw. My, old, super cheap, no name SD card reader worked fine.

Once you have a new ROM installed, you should be fine. About clockworkmod, I didn't think there was a recovery for this device.
Isdenl

Postby Adainair II » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:56 pm

boriswinner wrote:Hello guys!
I tried to prepare a recovery sdcard using Phoenix Card, but it writes: "Find 5 device, please correct the one" and the "Burn" button is inactive.
What to do?

Remove all device attached to PC in your case other 4 and only connect SDcard writer ;) this will solve your problems for sure.
Adainair II

Postby boriswinner » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:08 am

Big thanks to everyone.
I flashed my MK802 II with PhoenixCard from my netbook with internal card reader with all USB devices ejected. Now everything works fine.
Thread can be closed.
boriswinner

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum