Software Shutdown MK802 II

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Software Shutdown MK802 II

Postby ne0z » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Hello all.

Ordered the MK802 II last week and received it Monday night. Really enjoying it, though it's had some hiccups. One strange issue now is the power button. On Monday and much of yesterday it was working just fine. Now, it just resets the system and I have to pull the USB cord to power down.

Anyone else dealing with this? Been pretty happy with it otherwise, but I specifically waited for a shutdown option before buying..a bit frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ne0z

Re: Software Shutdown MK802 II

Postby sehgal.v7 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Use reboot -p command to shutdown or download quick reboot from market, it has shutdown option, working fine for me
sehgal.v7

Postby ne0z » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:56 pm

sehgal.v7 wrote:Use reboot -p command to shutdown or download quick reboot from market, it has shutdown option, working fine for me

Thanks for the reply. Just tried the Quick Boot app twice, but no luck..just goes dark for about 10 sec and reboots. As for your suggestion to use "reboot -p" command, can you explain a bit? Not sure how or where I would do this. Thanks once again for the help.
ne0z

Postby ne0z » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:56 am

*I'm writing this under the assumption that no one has responded to my second post, which I posted over 5 hrs and STILL hasn't been approved? Don't get it..*

So, I've found the problem after many hours. I now realize that shutdown stopped working after I got droidmote up and running. For some odd reason, if I don't have ANYTHING (doesn't matter what it is) plugged into the regular USB port, then it just reboots! Crazy, but true.

Before I got droidmote working, I had a mouse and keyboard connected to my MK802 II. Once I got it going, I plugged in a flashdrive to dump some media onto the internal memory. When I removed the drive the next day, it seems my troubles started. Was this just dumb luck, a defected chip or did others run into this as well? Was this issue known about? My unit didn't come with a manual so its unclear to me.

Thanks again, seghal, for trying to help.
ne0z

Postby 7gismo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:05 am

Unfortunately, this little handy device is giving me nothing but a trouble since I bought it.
I don't know for sure how much is it related to having droidmote installed the first time, but this is my scenario:
every time I power shutdown the device using the shutdown button or using this app as a replacement (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... GRvd24iXQ..), any changes I've made in the system (like even changing wallpapers, signing in to my gmail account, adding apps to the desktop etc.) VANISH immediately and my startup is a FRESH wiped out system. What's even stranger, the internal storage is completely FULL, so I'm not able to install any apps from google play!
Now, only a firmware recovery (from the tutorial on this site using phoenix card app and appropriate micro SD card) get things back to track, BUT after next
shutdown I'm back where I started again.

ANY HELP on this is much appreciated!

P.S. This wasn't happening to me unless I installed and enabled droidmote, but then again why is it happeningover and over again after I've burned the original recovery firmware on the device?

I'm lost here...
7gismo

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum