How can I know if I have a genuine MK802II?

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

How can I know if I have a genuine MK802II?

Postby pirrimanson » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:07 am

Hi,

I bought this MK802II in aliexpress.com: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/214043460.html

Is it a genuine MK802II? I don't see the word "Rikomagic" at any place, and I'm not able to reproduce high definition MKV files with fluency (most players said "no hardware decoding support"), and I'm starting to think that is something related with the hardware of my device.

Thanks in advance.
pirrimanson

Re: How can I know if I have a genuine MK802II?

Postby Magnus33 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:06 am

Its a knock off but there a good chance that its from the same manufacture since many of them are.

How they behave is greatly dependent on the firmware on them.

Try the Uhost U1A-404.000.10.121024 firmware as its the best firmware to date.
http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/201 ... place.html (one of many it can run)

Also try using https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r.ad&hl=en
Many players don't have hardware decoding but this one does.

Firmware dead easy to install and the mxplayer is free in google playstore.
Magnus33

Postby pirrimanson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 am

I have the last official firmware.

I've tried MxPlayer (with armv7 and armv6 codecs), DicePlayer, RockPlayer, VLC, etc.

All with the same result.
pirrimanson

Postby Isdenl » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:43 pm

pirrimanson wrote:I have the last official firmware.

I've tried MxPlayer (with armv7 and armv6 codecs), DicePlayer, RockPlayer, VLC, etc.

All with the same result.

You definitely have a knock off, not a genuine unit. I've been through a number of knock off units (all eventually returned or exchanged). While the knock offs have their issues and are not as good as genuine Rikomagic units, all of the knock off units I had could certainly play hardware accelerated, 1080p H264 video using MX Player.

I'd recommend trying a few different 1080p H264 encoded videos before anything else. Sometimes a weird encoding won't work.

If the vendor was advertising a "Rikomagic MK802 II" and sold you a knock off, you should get a refund and order a genuine unit. The WiFi radio chip on the knock offs is different from the genuine Rikomagic units, making them incompatible with all the official Rikomagic firmwares. The worse part is that in my experience, the knock off units are a lot less reliable. I don't know if it's substandard RAM, processor or what, but I've been through a few and they were not as stable as the genuine units.

Genuine Rikomagic units are available from some Amazon vendors, though many will ship knock offs if you don't contact them before ordering. If you contact them in advance, you'll probably get a genuine Rikomagic units.

Below is detailed info to tell if you have a genuine Rikomagic MK802 II:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4049#p11073
Isdenl

Postby pirrimanson » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:31 am

Finally I could play some MKV 720p files fine. I don't know why but the first files I tried simply doesn't reproduce fluently.

But this doesn't change the fact that I still have a clone :evil:
pirrimanson

Postby Adainair II » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 pm

pirrimanson wrote:
But this doesn't change the fact that I still have a clone :evil:

Hi Pirrimanson
I have the "genuine MK802 II" and i really did not seen any benefit yet ;) then enjoy and don't worry about clone.
Adainair II

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum