Best network media center?

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Best network media center?

Postby beppogg » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm

hi, i'm looking for a media center for my rikomagic that will play 720p mkv files from my pc with external subtitles (srt). it also has to be a nice interface with thumbnails and info from imdb/tvdb.

today i run plex but when i play a movie without transcoding, it will not display subtitles so i have to transcode the movie but then it occasionally stutters.

i have tested xbmc but it does not support hd-quality and i can't get the unofficial xbmc to work…

i have also tested the moviebrowser upnp/dnla with an external mediaplayer (mx player) but it still wont fetch the subtitle from my pc. (also you have to manually update the library when you add a movie to your pc)

my requirements:
play hd-content via network
show the external subtitle
good-looking interface

does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

/johan
beppogg

Re: Best network media center?

Postby leodfs » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Just share your media folder on your Windows Pc and mount it with the app CifsManager on your android device. You will be able to see/use the shared folder as it was a normal folder

Enviado de meu MB525 usando o Tapatalk 2
leodfs

Postby beppogg » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:36 am

thanks, but then i don't get the nice interface with posters and info from imdb…

yesterday i tried archos video player that will do the work with the external mx player. archos can search my library on my pc and download subtitles to the internal memory on my device. i still have som problems playing certain videos though and i don't know why.
beppogg

Postby leodfs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Why not? It is just a question of find a local player with a nice interface, as the remote share is mounted as a local folder. And I think is way easier to find a complete local player then a network one...

Enviado de meu GT-P6210 usando o Tapatalk 2
leodfs

Postby beppogg » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:50 am

archos video player with mx player works great! it has a nice looking interface, it can download subtitles so i don't have to do it manually and it uses smb to find movies on my pc. i can really recommend it!
beppogg

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum