The Daxter

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

The Daxter

Postby Zero » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:24 am

I took the MK 802 2 and made a project around it.
I call it The Daxter.
It is the MK 802 2, a usb hub, a 32 gb pata hard drive, a wireless keyboard, a wireless remote, 2 fans, a Duel 5V 1A wall adapter, a 3 outlet extension cord,
a HDMI female to female adapter, and a 6 foot male to male HDMI cable. That uses a toolbox as the case to hold everything. Plus rubber sliders that you put
on chairs act act as legs, some Velcro, and a large amount of hot glue. ( 2-5 sticks worth) It is technically not complete till I get the fans working
but everything else works so I call it complete. Just in case you are wondering how the fans would work. They will be each be power by their own 9V battery
and will be controlled by a 4 switch dip switch. The main purposes of The Daxter are to give me the ability to play Pokemon: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver,
Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green, and Fire Red. Also the ability to play Megaman Battle Nework: 1, 2, 3 Blue, 3 White, 4 Red Sun, 4 Blue
Moon, 5 Team Protoman, 5 Team Colonel, 6 Cybeast Falzar, and 6 Cybeast Gregar. And some other games as well. Also It is used for watching videos. (
Mostly Anime)
The reason for this post is just to share what I did with my MK 802 2 nothing more.
( And people will maybe give positive feedback and maybe others will just get mad and leave negative feedback. Only time will tell.)
If I posted them right there are some pics at the bottom of this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Image

Zero

Re: The Daxter

Postby Zero » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:50 am

I just added the cooling system so now The Daxter is compete.
The cooling system is 2 computer fans that are powered by one 9V battery and a 4 switch dip switch.
I planned to have each fan be powered by it's own 9V battery but when I connected one fan to battery power it worked. But when I connected the other fan to it's battery it did not work. The voltage would not pass thru the the dip switch to turn on the fan. The voltage would just stay on one side of the switch and would not pass thru. So I just soldered the other fan and power supply to the switch that worked and just called it completed. Also I changed the legs out with legs that just screw in. The old legs kept coming off, the hot glue did not stick to the plastic of the box and rubber of the legs to well.
And more pics should at the bottom I hope :P

Zero

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum