MK802 II displays fine on TV but not on monitor

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

MK802 II displays fine on TV but not on monitor

Postby iansmcdonald » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 am

My 802 works fine on my tv.
I have a computer monitor (HPw185 - though I doubt that's relevant).
I can connect the 802 to the monitor, but the image is a strange pink shade and slightly dark. If I click on any app, the picture blanks out and nothing gets it back again other than repowering.
I'm using the same power supply for the 802 in both cases, so I don't think that's an issue.

Anybody got any suggestions?

(And the reason I want to get it to work on the monitor is so that I don't have to wait for the brief interludes when no-one's watching the TV ).
iansmcdonald

Re: MK802 II displays fine on TV but not on monitor

Postby avaya » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Do you use HDMI connector on your monitor or maybe HDMI to DVI cable/adapter to connect your MK802II?

I also had some problems connecting my MK802II to my DLP projector which has DVI input (almost the same issues as you mentioned) and I solved it with HDMI to VGA adapter. I think that some other people mentioned "purple picture" problems while connecting MK802II to different monitors...

However, I believe it is an issue addressed strictly to MK802II because I also have two other Android sticks (MK806-RK3066; MK803-Amlogic) and both of them work great on my projector even connected by HDMI to DVI cable.

I am not sure about ebay links and are they allowed on this forum so if you are interested, I can send you HDMI to VGA adapter link via PM or something.

Edit: As I can see from monitor specifications found via Google, it has only VGA & DVI input connector/terminal, so I assume that HDMI to DVI connection would be a problem, just like in my case...

Regards,
Avaya
avaya

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum