THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchmarks

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby evildee » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Is there any similar software to PhoenixCard? I've tried four different micro usb reader/writer combos and all I'm getting is a greyed out 'burn' button no matter what I try. I know the cards are fine as I've been successfully running Linux versions on them via my MK802 II, but I really wanna flash the Android firmware, as every time I boot the stock software up, the unit shuts down after 5-15 minutes, but runs fine under Linux, so I figure it has to be a firmware issue...
evildee

Postby sentry23 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:36 pm

I just tried on 3 systems, and keep getting the 'Install&Check Card driver failed'. So without an external memory card reader I'm stuffed here ? :(
(never had issues writing partition tables for custom Android roms)
sentry23

Postby sehgal.v7 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:46 pm

sentry23 wrote:I just tried on 3 systems, and keep getting the 'Install&Check Card driver failed'. So without an external memory card reader I'm stuffed here ? :(

Use PhoenixCard tool mentioned here in this topic, PhoenixCard in recovery rar file will not work.
sehgal.v7

Postby sentry23 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:56 pm

sehgal.v7 wrote:Use PhoenixCard tool mentioned here in this topic, PhoenixCard in recovery rar file will not work.

*sigh of relief*
That was it. Thank you. I downloaded both, and was trying with the wrong one all the time. :oops:

spoke to soon:CardPreprocess failed!1012
sentry23

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools and Firmware

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:40 pm

sehgal.v7 wrote:
EnvyThisStuff wrote:So, just to be clear, are you saying that the MK802 flashing procedure can not be used but in fact should not be used for the II? Or, is this just an alternative?

You will not be able to MK802II into recovery mode easily, no matter how much times you press that recovery button.
So no recovery mode means no Livesuit.

It's not clear whether you are saying that the basis for this different routine is because of a hardware problem or a software problem or perhaps something else?

Re "easily", it's also not clear whether you are saying that the previous absolutely can not be used.

Also, many people have used the firmware's available from before the II and did LiveSuit them to the II, so, I'm still not following completely.
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff

Postby andrego » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:10 pm

I believe it's a hardware issue (feature?). The button labeled as 'Recovery' (inside a pinhole next to the micro sdhc card slot) does not put the unit into a recovery state, or at least not one that is accessible via LiveSuit. Perhaps it points the MK802-II to try to recover via micro-sdhc card, since when I push that button while rebooting it the unit I never get any display output. Not sure how others have used LiveSuit, but I don't think it's possible with the II.

It's not clear whether you are saying that the basis for this different routine is because of a hardware problem or a software problem or perhaps something else?

Re "easily", it's also not clear whether you are saying that the previous absolutely can not be used.

Also, many people have used the firmware's available from before the II and did LiveSuit them to the II, so, I'm still not following completely.
andrego

Postby baluvee » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:20 pm

sehgal.v7 wrote:
sentry23 wrote:I just tried on 3 systems, and keep getting the 'Install&Check Card driver failed'. So without an external memory card reader I'm stuffed here ? :(

Use PhoenixCard tool mentioned here in this topic, PhoenixCard in recovery rar file will not work.

It would be better if you place the good phoenix card. exe in rar file.
baluvee

Postby sehgal.v7 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:13 pm

EnvyThisStuff wrote:It's not clear whether you are saying that the basis for this different routine is because of a hardware problem or a software problem or perhaps something else?

I guess I was only one who got successful with Livesuit with MK802II. I got MK802II accidentally into Recovery mode, I jus tried burning MK802 image to SDCard on suggestion on fellow forum member, I did not knew it will flash automatically, as soon as you put image SDCard into MK802II it will automatically get into recovery mode. And as soon as I saw MK802II in recovery mode, I jus flashed it via Livesuit. I did not waited earlier.

I am saying that (for me atleast) recovery button doesn't work in MK802II, the actual procedure is what I have posted above after getting confirmation from Rikomagic.
sehgal.v7

Postby lambstone » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:18 am

Is there a way to root it? It doesn't seem to be rooted.
lambstone

Postby pduh » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 am

Can anyone tell me what went wrong in my case?
I've tried the MK802II on two different TV's, one Philips and one Samsung, and on both TV's, the 802II worked briefly.
A usb mouse was attached and I installed a few apps.
Then I went to play.google.com and tried to install more apps.
Now my 802II doesn't start anymore, the only thing I see is the android puppet coming up and that's all it does.
Tried id on different HDMI ports and also a seperate USB loader, nothing works, the puppet just keeps rolling its eyes to me ;-)

OK, no problem you'd think, just flash it with the original firmware. Thus resetting it to fabric.
I've got some experience with flashing/rooting android stuf (HTC Wildfire S, HTC Desire, HTC Desire Z, HTC One X) but I just can't get into the recovery.
Nothing works. The livesuite was the first thing I've tried but then I saw I should use Phoenix Card.
Tried everything in this thread but I can't "burn" because the button [burn] stays grey.
And yes, i've used the right Phoenix. I even tried the old version but there is absolutely no difference; a grey [burn] button.
Used three different readers for the microSD card. An internal reader, an usb-reader and another usb-reader with a SD-adapter.

What the *%^#$ am I doing wrong here?
Can anyone of you please help me out here?
pduh

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum