THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchmarks

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby guammy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:42 pm

I seemed to have really messed mine up. I had previously did a recovery and it went fine. After about a week i needed to use the sd card in the device again to store files. I did a normal format, then put it in the device. After a reboot, it seemed to attempt recovery again against my will, and failed.

Now i cannot get the device to boot, i attempted using pheonix card and doing another recovery. With the sd card in the device lights up, but it never turns off by itself.
Have i totally bricked my new mk802 II? or is there some way i can fix this...
guammy

Postby superseagull » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:10 pm

+1 sadly - hopefully sampepin who posted on the previous page will describe the unbricking process further otherwise does anyone else understand or know the process?

fingers crossed!
superseagull

Postby guammy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:19 am

After about 30 repeated attempts at recovery, i finally got it to boot again..dunno how lol. then had to recover it once again (kept locking up) but its working ok for now.
guammy

Postby focuz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:30 am

Hmm, lucky you! :) Also tried at least 30 times, but the blue LED does not turn off, and the device refuses to recover. Sick of it, we need a fix for this!
focuz

Postby ataylorm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:46 pm

For those having problems connecting to the FTP account, you can also grab them from the link below. Hope this helps some people like myself that had issues with the FTP server.

http://www.satoritechsolutions.com/riko ... oad-mirror
ataylorm

Postby Microcox » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 am

Hi Guys,

I have been having trouble flashing the IMG File with PhoenixCard like many of you, and I found a solution that may help...

- I first tried to use PhoenixCard with two different microSD to SD Adapters : didn't worked ("Card preprocess failed.1012" or similar error : this means that your SD/microSD adapter is interfering with PhoenixCard and prevents the software to do his job).
- At this stage I was frustrated because I don't own any micro SD card reader... and don't want to buy one just for that... then I looked at my android smartphone and my brain started functioning again :mrgreen:

So my point is that you CAN use your smartphone as a microSD card reader... but that it is not straightforward:
- I first tried directly in android by mounting the sd card with embedded menu (in my case it is something like "sd card reader on/off" in the notification bar, as i use a MIUI system). The sd card appeared in windows, i launched PhoenixCard, it went through the first steps like a charm but damn :evil: it stopped at the IMG burning step with the following error : [IMG File]Burn Fail
There, I was desperate :(
- Then I saw somewhere on a forum that Android may have an embedded protection that prevents you to burn an img file. So I get the intuition that maybe this protection wouldn't be activated in ClockworkMod Recovery...
- I rebooted my phone in recovery, get to the "mount usb storage" menu (not "mount /sdcard" !), waited for my sdcard to appear in windows, re-launched PhoenixCard, followed again the process explained in the first post of this thread and... It worked! :D

Hope this helps...
Microcox

Postby superseagull » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 pm

hi again,

just a quick update to let you know that i finally managed to get the little stick going again after several frustrating attempts at pressing the recovery button (using a paperclip) whilst the usb power was plugged in (and not!). i noticed that although the unit still wouldn't boot, the blue power light was now not staying on for more than 1 second.

i removed the microsd card and switched to a different usb lead and this time the blue light stayed on, excited by my little "win" i tried it again this time with the microsd card installed and yee haa out went the blue light after a few mins.

removed microsd card and all boots up sweet with new fw installed - phew!

hope this helps you guys out x
superseagull

Postby torrd25 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:31 am

Hi All,

I just managed to reflash my unit with the image provided in this thread.
Phoenix card went well. Just that on my Windows 7, the Dialog box cannot be resize.
I can burn the micro sd. Since the box cannot be resize, I can't really see the progress until the burning is complete.
Once the "Exit" can be click, I assume the burning process is successful.
When I check the content of sd card through Windows it shows empty folder.

Then I pop, the micro sd in MK802 II. Used a 2000mA adapter attached to a USB hub.
Pull one cable to power up the MK802 II. I did not plug in the HDMI so that we do not load the MK802 unnecessarily.
The LED is on, it runs for a few minutes then shuts off.
I then remove the power supply, pull out the sd card.
Power up the unit again, Voila!.....it works.

I find that the performance is certainly much better.
Also the Status Bar can be push down and retrive by swiping my mouse pointer from bottom
of screen upwards. Nice solution.

For my case, the internal storage does indicate 0.5Gb as what others have reported.
However, it does not bothers me, as long as the performance is much faster.

Hope these info is useful for others.
torrd25

Postby madloki » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 am

Hello,
yesterday appears on vendor ftp a new image file named "rikomagicmk802ii firmware20121008", containing rikomagicMK802II.0929.img file, see http://rikomagic.com/download.asp

It is working, similiar to tvd_minipc_4.0_0815_ddr408_otd_recovery_....img but 1GB RAM
madloki

Postby oozpinar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 am

madloki wrote:Hello,
yesterday appears on vendor ftp a new image file named "rikomagicmk802ii firmware20121008", containing rikomagicMK802II.0929.img file, see http://rikomagic.com/download.asp

It is working, similiar to tvd_minipc_4.0_0815_ddr408_otd_recovery_....img but 1GB RAM

it is asking for a username and password when trying to download?
Did yiou flash your mk802 II with this? and does it get 1GB RAM then?
oozpinar

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum