THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchmarks

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby sehgal.v7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:02 pm

It is already rooted. What problem you getting?
sehgal.v7

Postby yjcheng » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:59 am

Hi

Thanks for the tips of the recovery, the step is working great which help me recovered MK802 II from a black screen.

Just would like to check if anyone experience this.

I had a MK802 II 1GB, when I flash my device using this firmware, when I check on the Internal Storage, it should now only has 504MB capacity, and now only leave 345MB available. However, the Internal SD which suppose should have 1.84GB capacity, is now show 2.3GB.

No doubt after the firmware upgrade, the performance of the speed has increase a lot, but now I am having issue on the available space of the internal storage, which it should be 1GB (I am very sure, cause I has been using it for 2 weeks and closely monitor how the internal storage will contribute to the performance).

Can anyone share your experience here and provide some guide on how to rectify the issue.

Thanks
yjcheng

Postby yjcheng » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:20 am

Hi

Thanks for the step of the MK802 II recovery, the step is working fine and I can recover my MK802 II from a total blackout (Can start at all).

After I recover from flashing the device, I have my Mk802 II 1GB change to be 512MB.

Just want to check, did anyone experience this.

I bought a MK802 II 1GB few weeks back, and I has been using it actively, and all the while the device always show 1GB as internal storage, and the Internal SD has about 1.8GB storage.

After I flashed the device, it is now showing 504Mb as my internal storage and the Internal SD is now showing 2.3GB.

no doubt this firmware help to improved better performance of the device especially on internet browsing. But with the low internal memory, it will limited to number of app that can be run concurrently.

Can anyone share your experience and provide some guide on how to rectify this issue.

Thanks
yjcheng

Postby lambstone » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:36 am

My bad mine is rooted.

However I am unable to adjust the scale so that it fits my monitor entirely.
lambstone

Postby stevhorn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:52 am

lambstone wrote:My bad mine is rooted.

You may have to turn Overscan off in your TV/Monitor settings. If the outer edges of your display image appear "cutoff" this will solve your problem.
stevhorn

Postby Krinyo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Your device still have 1 GB RAM. Don't confuse it with available flash storage! With this latest firmware your device 4 GB flash storage is repartitioned, the /data is smaller, the internal storage is higher. Your RAM is unchanged. Partition /data store Your programs, but usually You don't need 1 GB for them, so it's a better partitioning for the users, I think. Thanks for that!

My MK802 II is arrived and I noticed this change too, but I have sudden switch off's, which is a little annoying. I'm trying to figure why, maybe my mobile's power adapter not supply enough power for the device...
Krinyo

Postby lambstone » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:56 am

stevhorn wrote:
lambstone wrote:My bad mine is rooted.

You may have to turn Overscan off in your TV/Monitor settings. If the outer edges of your display image appear "cutoff" this will solve your problem.

I was unclear. I meant that it does not fill the screen. There are black borders.
lambstone

Postby jeromeof » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:17 am

Guys,
Before I restore to this firmware, can someone tell me the build number after the restore? Basically, I am wondering if its worth my while to do this yet? People have said its faster and the partition allocations have changed which would indicate a new build but I am not seen a build/version number posted?
The most annoying thing for me is the lack of apps available, even Chrome refuses to be downloaded from the Play Store, yet the original poster was doing benchmarks in Chrome?
I now I could fix this with the build.prop etc.

Also, was wondering and it is probably the wrong topic but is there a Uberoid firmware image for MK802 II, seen a few mentioned but it was unclear where they just the almost same firmware from the MK802 I and might not work as well on the MK802 II.

Thanks
jeromeof

Postby Krinyo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 am

lambstone wrote:I was unclear. I meant that it does not fill the screen. There are black borders.

+1, same problem here with the latest software.
Krinyo

Postby a200 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 am

you can fix this in the display section of config-screen. I'm not sure if this is possible with the old FW, but the new FW can do this. if i set this option to maximum, then i don't have any black borders.

a200.
a200

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum