THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchmarks

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby sciurus » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:38 am

I tried writing the image to the card using dd on OS X, but afterwards my MK802 II did not boot from the card. What I tried was

Code: Select all
sudo diskutil unmountDIsk /dev/disk1
sudo dd if=MK802\ II_recove\ tool_120822/recovery\ files/img\ file/tvd_minipc_4.0_0815_ddr408_otd_recovery_....img of=/dev/disk1
sciurus

Postby MiniUser » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:57 am

WHY ARE THERE 5 DUPLICATE PAGES OF COMMENTS?!?! HOW ANNOYING. FIX IT. :x
MiniUser

Postby pduh » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:07 am

pduh wrote:Can anyone tell me what went wrong in my case?
I've tried the MK802II on two different TV's, one Philips and one Samsung, and on both TV's, the 802II worked briefly.
A usb mouse was attached and I installed a few apps.
Then I went to play.google.com and tried to install more apps.
Now my 802II doesn't start anymore, the only thing I see is the android puppet coming up and that's all it does.
Tried id on different HDMI ports and also a seperate USB loader, nothing works, the puppet just keeps rolling its eyes to me ;-)

OK, no problem you'd think, just flash it with the original firmware. Thus resetting it to fabric.
I've got some experience with flashing/rooting android stuf (HTC Wildfire S, HTC Desire, HTC Desire Z, HTC One X) but I just can't get into the recovery.
Nothing works. The livesuite was the first thing I've tried but then I saw I should use Phoenix Card.
Tried everything in this thread but I can't "burn" because the button [burn] stays grey.
And yes, i've used the right Phoenix. I even tried the old version but there is absolutely no difference; a grey [burn] button.
Used three different readers for the microSD card. An internal reader, an usb-reader and another usb-reader with a SD-adapter.

What the *%^#$ am I doing wrong here?
Can anyone of you please help me out here?

Sorry for posting this question again but I didn't get anything out of it after trying the above.
Does anyone have anything to try for me?
Otherwise I'm very dissapointed in the MK802 II as it isn't working at all!!
pduh

Postby boats » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:05 pm

pduh wrote:Can anyone tell me what went wrong in my case?
I've tried the MK802II on two different TV's, one Philips and one Samsung, and on both TV's, the 802II worked briefly.
A usb mouse was attached and I installed a few apps.
Then I went to play.google.com and tried to install more apps.
Now my 802II doesn't start anymore, the only thing I see is the android puppet coming up and that's all it does.
Tried id on different HDMI ports and also a seperate USB loader, nothing works, the puppet just keeps rolling its eyes to me ;-)

OK, no problem you'd think, just flash it with the original firmware. Thus resetting it to fabric.
I've got some experience with flashing/rooting android stuf (HTC Wildfire S, HTC Desire, HTC Desire Z, HTC One X) but I just can't get into the recovery.
Nothing works. The livesuite was the first thing I've tried but then I saw I should use Phoenix Card.
Tried everything in this thread but I can't "burn" because the button [burn] stays grey.
And yes, i've used the right Phoenix. I even tried the old version but there is absolutely no difference; a grey [burn] button.
Used three different readers for the microSD card. An internal reader, an usb-reader and another usb-reader with a SD-adapter.

What the *%^#$ am I doing wrong here?
Can anyone of you please help me out here?

I think I found the reason for " I can't "burn" because the button [burn] stays grey.". I had the same problem and had to remove all other devices connected to the usb ports. In my case it was the printer which also allows for reading SD cards. Hope this helps
boats

Postby surfacineden » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:23 pm

my Mk80 II 1GB change to be 512MB after flashing this firmware..any help to revert the ram to 1GB?..its sluggish..thx
surfacineden

Postby surfacineden » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:25 pm

yjcheng wrote:Hi

Thanks for the step of the MK802 II recovery, the step is working fine and I can recover my MK802 II from a total blackout (Can start at all).

After I recover from flashing the device, I have my Mk802 II 1GB change to be 512MB.

Just want to check, did anyone experience this.

I bought a MK802 II 1GB few weeks back, and I has been using it actively, and all the while the device always show 1GB as internal storage, and the Internal SD has about 1.8GB storage.

After I flashed the device, it is now showing 504Mb as my internal storage and the Internal SD is now showing 2.3GB.

no doubt this firmware help to improved better performance of the device especially on internet browsing. But with the low internal memory, it will limited to number of app that can be run concurrently.

Can anyone share your experience and provide some guide on how to rectify this issue.

Thanks

im having the same prob too bro.. Mk802 II 1GB change to be 512MB.
surfacineden

Postby aaa » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:09 pm

I used this method to flash the firmware. Is this rooted after flashing? I was installing "hidden bar" app, and it told me that my system is not rooted. How can I root my device, thanks.

It seems like the menu bar already has a hidden button, but whenever I use that, I cannot get the menu bar again unless I restart my device. is there any solution to this. thanks.
aaa

Postby MiniUser » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:21 pm

My MK802II was only showing a black screen when connected so I followed these instructions and still nothing. Now instead of the unit having a full complement of files it now has a folder called "LOST.DIR" with nothing in it. The MicroSD card that I used has only the same folder. What happened?? Is there a way to get the original files/folders that came with the unit and put them back on the unit?

sehgal.v7 wrote:Flashing is different in MK802 II. Here is procedure to flash in MK802 II.

Tools Needed -

1. Phoenix Card
2. Minimum 2gb SD-Card
3. SD-Card Writer
4. WIndows OS
5. Image File

Steps -

1. Plugin your SD-Card Writer with SD-Card
2. Run PhoenixCard.exe
3. Select Disk Drive
4. Select Image File
5. Select Write Mode - Product
6. Burn
7. After Image is written to SD Card, pull out and insert SD Card into MK802II
8. Power on MK802II, wait for 4-5 minutes, power indicator (blue light) will automatically turn off
9. Remove SD Card and power MK802II again.
10. Voila. Image flashed. Enjoy.

PhoenixCard - http://goo.gl/qzf9I
Stock Image for MK802 II - ftp://FTP_rikomagic:rikomagic@184.82.248.245/MK802%20II_recove%20tool_120822.rar *Note - PhoenixCard Tool in this link will not work, so download PhoenixCard from above link.
Mirror - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ay1l9t6jw8pj0v/MK802%20II_recove%20tool_120822.7z Thanks Bailiff

Antutu Score https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.ABenchMark -
Total - 2933
CPU - 859, GPU - 1108, RAM - 467, I/O - 499
Another Random - Total - 3031
CPU - 859, GPU - 1105, RAM - 487, I/O - 580

BenchmarkPi https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gr.androiddev.BenchmarkPi - 1374 miliseconds

Linpack https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenecomputing.linpack - MFLOPS - 15.983

Browser Mark http://browsermark.rightware.com/browsermark/index.action -
Default Browser - 44,948
Chrome - 64,163

Sunspider http://www.webkit.org/perf/sunspider/sunspider.html -
Default Browser - 3607.0ms +/- 3.0%
Chrome - 3650.0ms +/- 1.2%
MiniUser

Postby dlin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:38 am

sciurus wrote:I tried writing the image to the card using dd on OS X, but afterwards my MK802 II did not boot from the card. What I tried was

Code: Select all
sudo diskutil unmountDIsk /dev/disk1
sudo dd if=MK802\ II_recove\ tool_120822/recovery\ files/img\ file/tvd_minipc_4.0_0815_ddr408_otd_recovery_....img of=/dev/disk1

You should use virtual machine with Windows installed.
The img file can not directly dd to sd card.
It is require some steps like (but maybe not the same): https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/82
dlin

Postby jeromeof » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:43 am

I think you have to eject the microSD card after updating the ROM otherwise on each reboot it tries to re-install the firmware and actually looks like the MK802 II is broken as it never boots up.
jeromeof

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum