THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchmarks

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby surfacineden » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:17 pm

my MK802II 1GB becomes 512MB after flashing this rom..its sluggish..any help ? thx
surfacineden
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby mini9 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi,
I can't click on the Burn butoon. Why?
Image
mini9
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby a200 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:32 pm

you have more then 1 usb-drive. but you can deactivate one of them in windows settings - hardware manager. after this you can flash the FW.

a200.
a200
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:19 am

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby mini9 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:26 pm

a200: ok, thank you
mini9
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby sciurus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Here's a few notes form my experience loading this new firmware which I hope people will find helpful.

I installed the windows 8 release candidate on a spare computer so that I could run phoenixcard. I had to remove all external storage devices except my sd card before I could successfully write the image. I thought that simply choosing the sd card in phoenixcard would let me write to it, but it did not. Otherwise, the instructions for flashing from the first post worked fine.

After flashing, in windows I formatted the sd card. However, after I put it back in my MK802 II the next time I rebooted it flashed again! After that I wiped the beginning of the card using dd from linux then repartitioned and formatted it. Now I can safely boot my MK802 II with the sd card in it.

With the new firmware, the sd card is accessible at /mnt/extsd rather than at /sdcard. This was pretty confusing, because I'd start an application like Jota+ Text Editor and try to open a file on my sd card but the card contents weren't what I expected!
sciurus
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:46 am

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby yjcheng » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 pm

aaa wrote:hi, guys, I just got my MK802II, the factory ROM works fine, just a little slow from time to time. Did you guys see a benefit flash firmware? BTW, how do I know if the firmware I have is the newest? Thx



Hi. I got mine Mk 802 II flashed few weeks ago. It is perform much faster than the original factory ROM. The only issue that I had is that the new firmware changes the partition setting, so that currently my internal storage change from 1gb to 512mb. Beside this issue, overall, it work out great.

Anyway, I Mounted 16gb external SD as internal storage, so that I have more storage for apps.

Still trying to look for help to change back the partition setting back to 1GB. Anyone who found the way, can please share to us. Thanks.

Am also trying to find a way to get rid of the issue that a lot of Apps is either not able to be find from the google play or it say " Your device is not compatible with this version of app".

Does anyone come across of this, really hope that someone can provide some hints on how can remove this restriction on MK802II. I read posts that related to CW9 or uberdroid which claims to solve the market restriction, but it all apply only for MK802.

Really hope to see more support and guide for MK802II.

Thanks
yjcheng
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:49 am

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby MiniUser » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:48 am

So I went through the process and now the only thing on my MK802II is a folder named "LOST.DIR" with nothing inside...no OS nothing. Help! Please??

sehgal.v7 wrote:Flashing is different in MK802 II. Here is procedure to flash in MK802 II.

Tools Needed -

1. Phoenix Card
2. Minimum 2gb SD-Card
3. SD-Card Writer
4. WIndows OS
5. Image File

Steps -

1. Plugin your SD-Card Writer with SD-Card
2. Run PhoenixCard.exe
3. Select Disk Drive
4. Select Image File
5. Select Write Mode - Product
6. Burn
7. After Image is written to SD Card, pull out and insert SD Card into MK802II
8. Power on MK802II, wait for 4-5 minutes, power indicator (blue light) will automatically turn off
9. Remove SD Card and power MK802II again.
10. Voila. Image flashed. Enjoy.

PhoenixCard - http://goo.gl/qzf9I
Stock Image for MK802 II - ftp://FTP_rikomagic:rikomagic@184.82.248.245/MK802%20II_recove%20tool_120822.rar *Note - PhoenixCard Tool in this link will not work, so download PhoenixCard from above link.
Mirror - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ay1l9t6jw8pj0v/MK802%20II_recove%20tool_120822.7z Thanks Bailiff

Antutu Score https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.ABenchMark -
Total - 2933
CPU - 859, GPU - 1108, RAM - 467, I/O - 499
Another Random - Total - 3031
CPU - 859, GPU - 1105, RAM - 487, I/O - 580

BenchmarkPi https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gr.androiddev.BenchmarkPi - 1374 miliseconds

Linpack https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenecomputing.linpack - MFLOPS - 15.983

Browser Mark http://browsermark.rightware.com/browsermark/index.action -
Default Browser - 44,948
Chrome - 64,163

Sunspider http://www.webkit.org/perf/sunspider/sunspider.html -
Default Browser - 3607.0ms +/- 3.0%
Chrome - 3650.0ms +/- 1.2%
MiniUser
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 am

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby surfacineden » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:35 am

MiniUser wrote:So I went through the process and now the only thing on my MK802II is a folder named "LOST.DIR" with nothing inside...no OS nothing. Help! Please??

sehgal.v7 wrote:Flashing is different in MK802 II. Here is procedure to flash in MK802 II.

Tools Needed -

1. Phoenix Card
2. Minimum 2gb SD-Card
3. SD-Card Writer
4. WIndows OS
5. Image File

Steps -

1. Plugin your SD-Card Writer with SD-Card
2. Run PhoenixCard.exe
3. Select Disk Drive
4. Select Image File
5. Select Write Mode - Product
6. Burn
7. After Image is written to SD Card, pull out and insert SD Card into MK802II
8. Power on MK802II, wait for 4-5 minutes, power indicator (blue light) will automatically turn off
9. Remove SD Card and power MK802II again.
10. Voila. Image flashed. Enjoy.

PhoenixCard - http://goo.gl/qzf9I
Stock Image for MK802 II - ftp://FTP_rikomagic:rikomagic@184.82.248.245/MK802%20II_recove%20tool_120822.rar *Note - PhoenixCard Tool in this link will not work, so download PhoenixCard from above link.
Mirror - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ay1l9t6jw8pj0v/MK802%20II_recove%20tool_120822.7z Thanks Bailiff

Antutu Score https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.ABenchMark -
Total - 2933
CPU - 859, GPU - 1108, RAM - 467, I/O - 499
Another Random - Total - 3031
CPU - 859, GPU - 1105, RAM - 487, I/O - 580

BenchmarkPi https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gr.androiddev.BenchmarkPi - 1374 miliseconds

Linpack https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenecomputing.linpack - MFLOPS - 15.983

Browser Mark http://browsermark.rightware.com/browsermark/index.action -
Default Browser - 44,948
Chrome - 64,163

Sunspider http://www.webkit.org/perf/sunspider/sunspider.html -
Default Browser - 3607.0ms +/- 3.0%
Chrome - 3650.0ms +/- 1.2%


it is normal..it looks empty but the image is already burned in the card if u follow the steps carefully..
surfacineden
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby surfacineden » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:36 am

yjcheng wrote:
aaa wrote:hi, guys, I just got my MK802II, the factory ROM works fine, just a little slow from time to time. Did you guys see a benefit flash firmware? BTW, how do I know if the firmware I have is the newest? Thx



Hi. I got mine Mk 802 II flashed few weeks ago. It is perform much faster than the original factory ROM. The only issue that I had is that the new firmware changes the partition setting, so that currently my internal storage change from 1gb to 512mb. Beside this issue, overall, it work out great.

Anyway, I Mounted 16gb external SD as internal storage, so that I have more storage for apps.

Still trying to look for help to change back the partition setting back to 1GB. Anyone who found the way, can please share to us. Thanks.

Am also trying to find a way to get rid of the issue that a lot of Apps is either not able to be find from the google play or it say " Your device is not compatible with this version of app".

Does anyone come across of this, really hope that someone can provide some hints on how can remove this restriction on MK802II. I read posts that related to CW9 or uberdroid which claims to solve the market restriction, but it all apply only for MK802.

Really hope to see more support and guide for MK802II.

Thanks


i have the same problem bro..the partition is set to 512MB RAM even though im using a 1GB unit..still no help on that ..:(
surfacineden
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby MiniUser » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 am

Thanks for that info...well, that's promising for the image but on the unit when I previously plugged it into the computer it had a full OS and several folders and now it only has the "LOST.DIR" folder on it. What gives?? And still nothing when I plug it into the TV.
Phoenix seems to be completing successfully. And the blue LED goes off after 4-5 mins...but nothing.

surfacineden wrote:
MiniUser wrote:So I went through the process and now the only thing on my MK802II is a folder named "LOST.DIR" with nothing inside...no OS nothing. Help! Please??

sehgal.v7 wrote:Flashing is different in MK802 II. Here is procedure to flash in MK802 II.

Tools Needed -

1. Phoenix Card
2. Minimum 2gb SD-Card
3. SD-Card Writer
4. WIndows OS
5. Image File

Steps -

1. Plugin your SD-Card Writer with SD-Card
2. Run PhoenixCard.exe
3. Select Disk Drive
4. Select Image File
5. Select Write Mode - Product
6. Burn
7. After Image is written to SD Card, pull out and insert SD Card into MK802II
8. Power on MK802II, wait for 4-5 minutes, power indicator (blue light) will automatically turn off
9. Remove SD Card and power MK802II again.
10. Voila. Image flashed. Enjoy.

PhoenixCard - http://goo.gl/qzf9I
Stock Image for MK802 II - ftp://FTP_rikomagic:rikomagic@184.82.248.245/MK802%20II_recove%20tool_120822.rar *Note - PhoenixCard Tool in this link will not work, so download PhoenixCard from above link.
Mirror - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ay1l9t6jw8pj0v/MK802%20II_recove%20tool_120822.7z Thanks Bailiff

Antutu Score https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.ABenchMark -
Total - 2933
CPU - 859, GPU - 1108, RAM - 467, I/O - 499
Another Random - Total - 3031
CPU - 859, GPU - 1105, RAM - 487, I/O - 580

BenchmarkPi https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gr.androiddev.BenchmarkPi - 1374 miliseconds

Linpack https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenecomputing.linpack - MFLOPS - 15.983

Browser Mark http://browsermark.rightware.com/browsermark/index.action -
Default Browser - 44,948
Chrome - 64,163

Sunspider http://www.webkit.org/perf/sunspider/sunspider.html -
Default Browser - 3607.0ms +/- 3.0%
Chrome - 3650.0ms +/- 1.2%


it is normal..it looks empty but the image is already burned in the card if u follow the steps carefully..
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-09-09 at 10.55.30 PM.png
Here's what I get after running Phoenix...
Screen Shot 2012-09-09 at 10.55.30 PM.png (44.93 KiB) Viewed 14310 times
MiniUser
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron