THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchmarks

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: tatubias, twjordo, KEgg

Re: THE MK802 II Recovery How to, Tools, Firmware and Benchm

Postby sciurus » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 pm

MiniUser wrote:After I flash the new firmware onto the MK802 II there is nothing on the TV screen.

Sorry, I did missed that you could not get it to boot. I thought you were seeing the LOST.DIR from within the running Android OS.
sciurus

Postby MiniUser » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:29 pm

No...no worries...

sciurus wrote:
MiniUser wrote:After I flash the new firmware onto the MK802 II there is nothing on the TV screen.

Sorry, I did missed that you could not get it to boot. I thought you were seeing the LOST.DIR from within the running Android OS.
MiniUser

Postby Master » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:49 am

surfacineden wrote:
MiniUser wrote:Thanks for that info...well, that's promising for the image but on the unit when I previously plugged it into the computer it had a full OS and several folders and now it only has the "LOST.DIR" folder on it. What gives?? And still nothing when I plug it into the TV.
Phoenix seems to be completing successfully. And the blue LED goes off after 4-5 mins...but nothing.

once the power indicator (blue light) automatically turn off..Remove SD Card and power MK802II again.

When I try to flash my device the blue light does not turn off at all! And the device is not working at all.
Any ideas??? Who to contact from rikomagic for an exchange? Got my device from cloudsto.
Master

Postby lambstone » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 am

It seems that in the normal home screen there are black borders. However, when I use the default "2160P Player" the video goes full screen.
lambstone

Postby Xylexis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Did anyone find a way to unhide the status bar after hiding it with the hide icon in the status bar?
Xylexis

Postby pduh » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 am

boats wrote:
pduh wrote:Can anyone tell me what went wrong in my case?
I've tried the MK802II on two different TV's, one Philips and one Samsung, and on both TV's, the 802II worked briefly.
A usb mouse was attached and I installed a few apps.
Then I went to play.google.com and tried to install more apps.
Now my 802II doesn't start anymore, the only thing I see is the android puppet coming up and that's all it does.
Tried id on different HDMI ports and also a seperate USB loader, nothing works, the puppet just keeps rolling its eyes to me ;-)

OK, no problem you'd think, just flash it with the original firmware. Thus resetting it to fabric.
I've got some experience with flashing/rooting android stuf (HTC Wildfire S, HTC Desire, HTC Desire Z, HTC One X) but I just can't get into the recovery.
Nothing works. The livesuite was the first thing I've tried but then I saw I should use Phoenix Card.
Tried everything in this thread but I can't "burn" because the button [burn] stays grey.
And yes, i've used the right Phoenix. I even tried the old version but there is absolutely no difference; a grey [burn] button.
Used three different readers for the microSD card. An internal reader, an usb-reader and another usb-reader with a SD-adapter.

What the *%^#$ am I doing wrong here?
Can anyone of you please help me out here?

I think I found the reason for " I can't "burn" because the button [burn] stays grey.". I had the same problem and had to remove all other devices connected to the usb ports. In my case it was the printer which also allows for reading SD cards. Hope this helps

OMG, you're right! Thanks a lot!!!
I had 8 USB devices and had to figure out which one I needed but eventually I got the one and I could flash it.
No problems from there on. Flashing went OK and now it's working again.

Only thing now is that my microSD card isn't 2Gb anymore (in my PC), only 1.57
Is this normal? I couldn't flash it back to normal with phoenix.
Does anyone recognize this problem?
pduh

Postby trondbie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 am

I am having trouble accessing my local network drives, in states "search" for two seconds, then nothing happens. I can surf perfectly, tough. Anyone know what is up?
trondbie

Postby 000bit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:21 pm

In the display setting there should a setting to reduce the black border, sorry, I don't remember the exact name.
000bit

Postby lambstone » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:36 am

Yes. I've maxed out that settings already and there are still black borders
lambstone

Postby Mongis » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Stupid question here, so please be gentle.

What is the easiest method to see if there is a new firmware available for my MK802 II? Where can I check?
I'm confused...
Mongis

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum