Rikomagic ii must run quicker than this?

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Rikomagic ii must run quicker than this?

Postby biccys » Thu May 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Bought one of these from Aliexpress a few weeks ago, thought it would be perfect for playing from my external hdd. I cannot believe it would be this bad. My old phone was quicker than this piece of junk. If I try to do ANYTHING, every key stroke, every menu action, settings adjustment takes around 10 seconds to respond. Not just to complete the action, to just respond to the mouse press! Please tell me there's something I can do to speed it up rather than flash another Rom.....?
Ta.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
biccys

Re: Rikomagic ii must run quicker than this?

Postby twjordo » Fri May 24, 2013 2:26 am

since you purchased from aliexpress it is possible that you got a clone and not a true mk802II... the way to tell would be to run https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... VwLmFzaSJd android system info and be sure your device lists as an a10 or sun4i and not an a10s or any other type of clone... it is possible for you to have a true a10 processor but have defective firmware too though so if it is truly that bad of a device then your best option might be to seek refund

Good Luck with this and sorry you are having a less than desired experience!!!!!! :ugeek: -twjordo
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby DanSolo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:47 pm

TBH, there isn't really... the stock ROM is pretty treaclish. Move straight on the the Uhost firmware. They should just ship with it!
Even then, it's not all that powerful. Must be a very slow CPU or something. Get a task killer and zap everything else you don't absolutely need running.
I might try a CPU speed changer next myself.
It seems good for one job at a time though for €30!
DanSolo

Postby biccys » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:34 pm

I did a full reset and it seems to be a lot better. I hadn't installed a great deal on there initially but there's virtually nothing now except bubble upnp and a radio app. I'm thinking perhaps I'd installed a couple if video renderers and they're associated codecs and it had got urns knickers in a twist. I'm much happier now! So much so I've ordered a mk802 iv! This one I hope us a true rikomagic one. The original one pretty certainly isn't a genuine one but one of the clones! It shows in the system settings as SoftwinerEB or something?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
biccys

Postby Magnus33 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:35 pm

They take a little tweaking but unlike other devices you can do that without any issue at all.

Like others i use the Uhost firmware since its running updated android and is very stable, very fast ,rock solid wireless.

I run the new plex and is plays perfectly.
Magnus33

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum