Multiple ROM questions

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Multiple ROM questions

Postby bennyhillthebest » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:12 am

Hello,
can someone confirm me that the first link in http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_21_1.html contains the default image (the 20121120 one) which the device is sold with? I contacted their support and this was their answer:
Hi Sir,
The newest software of MK802II is :
1205version:
http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/gcq5j6
:?:
I doubt that they even understood my question at this point.

Besides i would like to install a new ROM because the 20121120 that i left it be until now it's starting to act real slow, sometimes when i try to watch videos on youtube wifi seems to stop communicating even if it has 2 out of 4 bars, and things haven't got very much better after a factory reset.
I would need a stable and speedy ROM, that makes wifi and youtube and mxplayer apps work without hassle and i would like to have also support for usb hubs and real 1080p output.
Can someone suggest me the best ROM for my needs? I understood that the Uhost one is pretty solid, but i could not find a good review of the ROM with an indication of those things that i underlined. Also, should i not take in consideration the latest 1208 stock ROM?
Sorry for the long post but i'm really a newbie.
Thanks for the help.
bennyhillthebest

Re: Multiple ROM questions

Postby loupaschris » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:16 am

Hello,

Take a look here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5059#p15900

I personnaly use the justop firmware and it works perfectly fine, with usb hub support and youtube working out of the box.

As for the video output, you can set the resolution on stock firmware but as far as I remember there're some limitations with other firmwares... why don't you try 2-3 of them to see by yourself ?
loupaschris

Re: Multiple ROM questions

Postby bennyhillthebest » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Thank you. I installed successfully the Uhost firmware and for the moment i'm really enjoying it. I finally was able to download Nba Game Time from the Play Store. I also discovered that i can leave hardware decoding for audio in MX Player on the contrary of the 20121120 firmware where the audio was unsynched with that option. Wifi seems a little more stable but not as much as i was hoping for, but probably with that wifi module it might be the best possible. One little more question: in your opinion in what way the Justop firmware is better from the Uhost one? Because the wifi connection chocked for a few minutes when i was installing Chrome and if wifi is even a little better in the Justop firmware i might try it.
Thanks again for the help and the valuable informations that you gave me.
bennyhillthebest

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum