Netflix and Hulu on MK802 II

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Netflix and Hulu on MK802 II

Postby sciurus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Installing the firmware from the first post in "THE MK802 II Recovery How to" thread did not make a difference.
sciurus

Postby miles » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

sciurus wrote:Installing the firmware from the first post in "THE MK802 II Recovery How to" thread did not make a difference.

As n2rjt mentioned in last post, Netflix 1.8.1 seems to be the latest version that works with the MK802. I ran into the same problem as you and had to downgrade Netflix to get it working. I provided link bellow with the working version ;) .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjcg471do3xjmak/netflix-1.8.1.apk
miles

Postby splyke » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 am

I too just recieved my mk802 II in the mail today, and plugged it in, booted it up and cannot install netflix either.

Here is what google says when I log into my account from :

Google play better recognize! only reason I bought this thing was to play netflix in my room. Now I've got a project gotta start side loading things and getting older versions...Sigh...
splyke

Postby fredz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:32 pm

I just received my MK802 II. I was able to install Netflix 1.8.1 by copying the .apk from a U30GT tablet.
But Netflix 1.8.1 ONLY shows subtitles when you've pressed a button (as in pause, fast forward, or just click on the screen). As soon the the bar at the bottom disappears, so do the subtitles!

My whole reason for getting the MK802 II was to be able to get subtitles, since the Sony TV Netflix app and the Samsung BluRay Netflix app don't show subtitles at all. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, everything being displayed is "too big," as if the MK802 thinks I have a tiny screen, so it shows just a bit at a time. Since I'm plugged into a 60" Sony, it's an enormous amount of wasted screen real estate. This last part probably belongs in another thread, but I'm new to this forum, and still trying to figure out how to get the MK802 to "act" right. It's not as straight forward as a tablet.
fredz

Postby MysticWhiteDragon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Here's an easy way of getting apks for your MK802 for programs that don't show up as compatible with the MK802.

1) Open Browser on MK802
2) Visit http://www.iapktop.com and search for what you want. (Netflix Shortcut: http://www.iapktop.com/tag/netflix-apk )
3) Select Newest Version
4) Scroll down to below the QR Code and click download from apktop.
5) Click on the Notifications bar by the clock
6) Click Netflix.apk
7) Click install
MysticWhiteDragon

Postby billyelliott » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:17 am

n2rjt wrote:The new netflix app doesn't work on my MK802+ - it shuts down immediately, and the logcat doesn't give much information.
The older netflix 1.8.1 apk works beautifully for me. Search for it, easy to find.

Netflix is an online movie streaming app or website. You can use this service on your smart phone, tablet, smart TV, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PS Vita, Wii, and computer. To use this service, you need to purchase a membership.You are purchasing this apps if yes contact you admin to start services.
billyelliott

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum