Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby gabbian0 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:38 pm

500ef wrote:This is my feedback about Finless ROM (crossposting from freaktab):
With BSPlayer free I can play 720p or 1080p MKV, from SMB share, with no hiccups (thru wifi only 720p works good, at 150Mbps connection, some inches away from wireless router).


How you play 1080p? With ethernet? I have serious problem with those, even at wifi 150mps they can't run without scattering, but on the other hand, Ethernet should be 100mps only so it would be even worse, what you can tell about this?
gabbian0
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby 500ef » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:36 pm

gabbian0 wrote:
500ef wrote:This is my feedback about Finless ROM (crossposting from freaktab):
With BSPlayer free I can play 720p or 1080p MKV, from SMB share, with no hiccups (thru wifi only 720p works good, at 150Mbps connection, some inches away from wireless router).


How you play 1080p? With ethernet? I have serious problem with those, even at wifi 150mps they can't run without scattering, but on the other hand, Ethernet should be 100mps only so it would be even worse, what you can tell about this?


Via ethernet it goes fine.

And my guess is that wifi 150Mbps are PMPO, while ethernet 100Mbps are RMS... :lol:

Edit: I'll try to make a short youtube sample... Be right back...

Edit2: I did the sample. But, the bad news is that I understood what happens. I can stream 1080p movies, but only the low/medium bit rate ones. After your question, I tried those:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TITLE........: Safe House 1080p BluRay x264-BLOW
DURATION.....: 01:54:54.561
SIZE.........: 7827.65 MB
VIDEO BITRATE: 8 022 Kbps
RESOLUTION...: 1920x800
AUDIO FORMAT.: DTS
AUDIO BITRATE: 1 510 Kbps

This one was ok. (Of course, Its looks more to 720p than 1080p... rsrsr).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men.in.Black.3.2012.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-HDChina
SOURCE TYPE.....: 1080p Blu-ray AVC 1080p DTS-HD MA 5.1
ViDEO BiTRATE...: x264 L4.1 High @ 16.8 Mbps
FRAME RATE......: 23.976 fps
AUDiO...........: ENGLiSH DTS 5.1 @ 1509 kbps
RESOLUTiON......: 1920 x 1040

This one was NOT ok. The stream keeps buffering all the time.

Sorry for the wrong info... :roll:
500ef
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 am

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby gabbian0 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:06 pm

500ef wrote:ViDEO BiTRATE...: x264 L4.1 High @ 16.8 Mbps
FRAME RATE......: 23.976 fps
AUDiO...........: ENGLiSH DTS 5.1 @ 1509 kbps


What's really bothering me is that this video is ONLY 16.8 mbps, what the hell there's to buffer when you have 100-150 MBPS at your disposal?
THis is what i call poor coding and resource wasting, i hope someone will come out with a solution soon or this will be only another useless piece of plastic.
gabbian0
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby adamforeman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:19 pm

gabbian0 wrote: i hope someone will come out with a solution soon or this will be only another useless piece of plastic.


From my perspective, your asking a lot from a product that has JUST come out and the ROM has only been updated twice since its release. If you need a flawless media player, why not buy a Popcorn Hour A-400 for £300 which is nearly ten times the price.

Finless Bob has JUSt got the device and will work his magic on it but it will take time to perfect it.

For now I'm personally happy with it.
===========
Android PC Stick: Rikomagic DUAL CORE MK802 III 1Gb/8Gb with 32Gb SD Card (Class 10)
adamforeman
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby gabbian0 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 pm

adamforeman wrote:
gabbian0 wrote: i hope someone will come out with a solution soon or this will be only another useless piece of plastic.


From my perspective, your asking a lot from a product that has JUST come out and the ROM has only been updated twice since its release. If you need a flawless media player, why not buy a Popcorn Hour A-400 for £300 which is nearly ten times the price.

Finless Bob has JUSt got the device and will work his magic on it but it will take time to perfect it.

For now I'm personally happy with it.


I was not talking about Finless, my complains are for Rikomagic. With shipping and duty taxes i almost paid 100 euro for this thing, and the problems in playing movies were last things i was expecting from a device which main use is supposed to be as media player. It's not even Finless duty to find a solution for this, it's Rikomagic duty, it's their device and we have the right to ask for a firmware that makes this device useful or at least usable.
gabbian0
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby 500ef » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:35 am

I didnt tested with local USB connection. Maybe its just an ethernet limitation...

Did anybody tried a hi bitrate 1080 mkv from a local USB hdd?
500ef
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 am

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby gs2004 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Finless 1.7 on MK802iii works fine. 1080p desktop makes it ideal for work via Citrix and VPN works great via Junos.

1080p high bitrate from MyBook attached to router via wifi is not really usable but via usb LAN is OK with some buffering. Not an issue for me as this is a work PC. This is my own content from Full HD camcorder.

Running standard 1.2 clock speed by the way.

Some comments on the thread say that the devices aren't working as they should. This is new technology and we are all essentially beta testers which I am OK with.

Would I recommend it to someone who wants a robust turnkey media centre? No.
QX1 | MK802iiiS | MK802iii | MK802ii | CX-01 | Neo G4 | Topi T66
gs2004
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 am

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby sirsimo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:04 pm

i followed the instructions to flash my device but it always fails when i click "Reboot to Flash mode" with message it cant do it because of no driver.
Any ideas how to solve it
sirsimo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby 500ef » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 pm

sirsimo wrote:i followed the instructions to flash my device but it always fails when i click "Reboot to Flash mode" with message it cant do it because of no driver.
Any ideas how to solve it


If you have the latest firmware 20121129, you can just install a terminal emulator and type

Su
Reboot bootloader

It Ill get in flash mode.

So, you install win 7 drivers (in a x64 folder, inside finless zip file) and follow the flash instructions. ;)
500ef
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 am

Re: Finless ROM.. any feedback?

Postby sirsimo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Yeah i tried emulator already, running that commands device turns off and windows starts searching for drivers
Then i tried to install RK30 driver from zip(x86/win7) through device manager but i got "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" message in Device status window.
What am i doing wrong?
sirsimo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests