MK802 III with Ps3 Controller

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

MK802 III with Ps3 Controller

Postby zulu99 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:47 pm

If you have a MK802 III and you want play with all android games with your ps3 controller, you can use sixaxis app overtop of the droidmote client to use a sixaxis controller wirelessly.

Is simple:

1) Install DroidMote Server on the MK802 III
2) Install DroidMote Client and SixAxis app on your android phone
3) Create a SixAxis touch profile for DroidMote Client
4) Enjoy

In DroidMote Client you can load different touch profiles for different games, but the touch profile of SIXAXIS is always one, the touch profile of DroidMote Client.

In other words, you will use DroidMote as a middleman of sorts.

The beautiful thing is that you can use the same technique to control also Windows and Linux games, but this time you will use DroidMote Server for Windows and DroidMote Server for Linux for free.

Happy new year and have fun !
zulu99

Re: MK802 III with Ps3 Controller

Postby zulu99 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 am

Now if your hardware controller is supported from your phone, you not need any other application to forwards the command of your hardware controller to DroidMote Server.

Is valid for all android games, multi-touch only games with touch profiles and games that support a real controller.

look this video to see how i play Modern Combat 4 with my Logitech F710 controller via DroidMote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6W3Dq_yqQ

p.s
you can play also windows 8 multi-touch games with your hardware controller and DroidMote touch profiles.
zulu99

Postby wololo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:03 pm

In your video, it seems there is quite a huge amount of latency, which I would expect from having to go through wifi then bluetooth over an intermediate device... Can you confirm how bad that is? It doesn't seem to me that action games would end up being playable this way.

I mean, technically your solution is quite interesting and clever, but I want to know if it's worth it or if I should look into usb devices instead.
Review of the MK802 IV - Review of the MK802 III - Review of the air mouse MK702 II
My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your Android TV (2014 edition)
Tutorial: watch Netflix outside of the US (this method works way better than VPN!)
wololo

Postby benjaminjaquith » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:14 am

I have had great success with the sixxaxis and the mk802iii with a USB extension cable to a hub. Actually finished a few ps1 games with no problems whatsoever. Just plugged the controller in, hit the PS button on the controller, mapped the buttons, (for fpse), and its been flawless with no discernable latency. I am dying for a wireless solution, mainly Bluetooth but that's still in the works. Very clever tho!
benjaminjaquith

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum