Pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

Postby wapvirus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:12 am

Hi I came across this fix on XDA developers, while the xpad setup alone works well for allot of the emulators out there, some of the games are not working with the controller, for instance GTA3 you end up in a continuous spin.

Original thread is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1792531

So basically a developer sleeplessninja found a solution to the problem and i have simplified the process and find myself here sharing with The Rikomagic MK802 community as I now have a perfectly working 360 controller on my MK802III .

Needed Hardware:
Xbox 360 Wireless Dongle (This is meant for the PC but also works on the Android, and quite lovely on emulators)
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Instructions:
Your device must be Rooted firstly and have the xpad.ko module file installed (Most of the custom ROMs from Finless include this Module)
Also you will need to have RootExplorer app installed you can get that here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Bsb3JlciJd
And the two key layout files Attached to post

Unzip the two files Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl and Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kcm

copy Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl to you /system/usr/keylayout/ Don't forget to mount the system RW with the button on the to of the screen in RootExplorer.
Copy Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kcm to your /system/usr/keychars/
Next left click and hold till popup list appears and select permissions and change the permissions to rw-r--r--r do this for both copied files click button on top of screen to change system to RO reboot your device and your controller should now work in games like GTA III and vice city .

Enjoy!

This is not my work I am just sharing a different way of achieving the same outcome as sleeplessninja but without using Terminal and complicated commands please follow the links to the original post and thank Him for his great fix.

Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl.zip
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 1025 times
Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl.zip
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 1025 times
Attachments
Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kcm.zip
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
My Device: MK802III
ROM: 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7a
Peripherals: 7Port USB Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 16 GB SD : Xbox360 Controller :Logitech HD Webcam C270 :5 Amp Power Supply
wapvirus

Re: Pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

Postby capangiller » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi,

I tried steps but I couldnt connect the wireless xbox controlelr to mk8023s. I use it with riginal rom and firmware (not finles etc.) So I gess problem is xpad.ko file. where can I download it? could ypu help me please?
br.
capangiller

Postby wololo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Sigh, I wish there were steps like these for the PS3 controller...
Review of the MK802 IV - Review of the MK802 III - Review of the air mouse MK702 II
My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your Android TV (2014 edition)
Tutorial: watch Netflix outside of the US (this method works way better than VPN!)
wololo

Postby Robert de Clair » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Well

I have problem with use above solutions with MK802 IV (is this doesnt work with MK802IV device?)

1 i was root my MK802 IV
2 i was copy both files to proper places and set permissions to rw-r--r-- (but in first post a permissions are rw-r--r--r ) i dont know its an error or i must to set this permissions exactly with last " rw-r--r--r " - but how to set last r :)
3.... i cannot find a xpad.co in system/lib/modules so this could be a clue (but x360 wireless) pad works great on emulators and other games.
so probably 3rd point is a clue :) but i dont know where i can get xpad.co for MK802IV
I was take one from qwerty12 (2nd page in the middle page link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... 439&page=2
I was just copy and unpack this xpad.co to root and Using a terminal emulator https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... HRlcm0iXQ.. i wrote
Code: Select all
su
insmod xpad.ko

response are:
Code: Select all
insmod: init_module 'xpad.ko' failed (exec format error)

so i think a this xpad.ko isnt for a rico mk802IV

can someone help me with resolving this problem?
Robert de Clair

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum