Recovery Button,Pins to short for recovery

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Recovery Button,Pins to short for recovery

Postby alin_afronie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:56 pm

I found a lot of posts about recovery of mk802III but i couldn't make it working!I found out the MK802III ,unfortunelly has not a recovery button,What can I do,my device quitted to boot ,is blocked on the http:'www.rikomagic.com' logo.I saw the images with the pins that I must to short them but which from them?There are 2 images.Which is the right one?I tried but doesen't work..I need to connect my device to computer to do the recovery.I think I'm dying...uuuf..I'm so angry!.Why this button doesent exist?What an orrible mistake!Somebody can HELP me????
alin_afronie

Re: Recovery Button,Pins to short for recovery

Postby mk802iii » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:17 am

There is an image for the 'short circuit method' here -> http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_20_1.html.

Download and extract the .zip file, and you'll find both the recovery program, RKBatchTool.exe, and a Microsoft .doc file with detailed instructions, including the way to short the circuit. You'll need a PC with Windows to use that method.

Hope it works.
Last edited by mk802iii on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mk802iii

Postby alin_afronie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:55 am

thank you!I followed all the steps from your description and no way,no pop up window with the installation guide appears!I shorted the 6 and 7 pins and nothing!My computer desent recognize it !
alin_afronie

Postby shishir332 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:51 pm

If you are using windows 7 then switch to XP as I had a similar issue from a windows 7 machine.
shishir332

Postby alin_afronie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:47 pm

I did it..finally..one of my friends sent me a tutorial with every steps,but the pins were different,,and before to touch the pins i had to start the program to make the Pc recognize it!anyway Im so happy for this and thank you very much to everybody!
alin_afronie

Postby xtimex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:32 pm

alin_afronie wrote:I did it..finally..one of my friends sent me a tutorial with every steps,but the pins were different,,and before to touch the pins i had to start the program to make the Pc recognize it!anyway Im so happy for this and thank you very much to everybody!

than share with others-manuals
xtimex

Postby alin_afronie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:25 pm

i've allready shared on this forum in another topic how I did it,but with plaseure i will do it again..this is the tutorial..there are the 2 pins that tou have to short them but...dont do my mistake...before to short the pins open the RK Batch tools downloaded from the original rikomagic site(downlaod recovery and the short pins...archive from there)http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_20_1.html afterthate ...click su recoery and will start the boot..and the device will be flashed..good luck!
alin_afronie

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum